Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self hosted Mail - Is it a good idea? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self hosted Mail - Is it a good idea?

124»

Comments

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@dragon2611 said:

@dragon2611 said:
    @mailcheap any plans for shared outbound relay/spam filtering for those of us who don't even do 10K emails a month let alone 1Million?

Maybe as an addon to the inbound spam filter product?

The abuse potential is so much more in a shared outbound relay system; maybe in the future :)

Pavin.

Whilst I understand you want to keep your IP's clean If it's per domain and you enforce the T&C's tightly and apply the same limits as the shared email platform then is it really going to be as much of an issue if the initial email comes from an internal server or an external one?

The problem is multiple email servers we have no control over using the same system.

• Self-hosted mail can be a good thing or not. It's much like hosting other services.

If you really know how to do it, great. If you don't know how to do it and you're a skinflint, get a cheap service, hope for the best and expect the worst. If you don't know how to do it and it's important, invest in something worthwhile.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@simonindia said:

@jarland said:
    So @mailcheap made a claim here that got me interested. I posted here that I'd test it and see if he could deliver. I do believe he can and is delivering on this. I'm running a controlled test right now with his relay platform and it's actually pretty incredible. Figured it'd be kind of me to follow up and note it here :)

We are waiting for results @jarland how it's going current status

Freaking awesome and Pavin is incredible. I like this guy a lot.

Thanked by 2mailcheap simonindia
  • @mailcheap said:

@dragon2611 said:

@dragon2611 said:
    @mailcheap any plans for shared outbound relay/spam filtering for those of us who don't even do 10K emails a month let alone 1Million?

Maybe as an addon to the inbound spam filter product?

The abuse potential is so much more in a shared outbound relay system; maybe in the future :)

Pavin.

Whilst I understand you want to keep your IP's clean If it's per domain and you enforce the T&C's tightly and apply the same limits as the shared email platform then is it really going to be as much of an issue if the initial email comes from an internal server or an external one?

The problem is multiple email servers we have no control over using the same system.

When I saw the SRO, I thought it was a Czech company hehe

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@ManofServer said:
    When I saw the SRO, I thought it was a Czech company hehe

It is actually; also have a subsidiary in the US. Check out the website here.