Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter?

Is there a support person on these forums?

Ordered a dedicated server on the 14th expecting it to be online within 3 working days. On the 21st i asked to cancel as i needed the server online for an event and they had not set it up so i got one online elsewhere, but still haven't received a reply to my ticket or refund?

Comments

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Nope. Delimiter left in a rage of Butthurt.

• @Spazzly said:
    Is there a support person on these forums?

Ordered a dedicated server on the 14th expecting it to be online within 3 working days. On the 21st i asked to cancel as i needed the server online for an event and they had not set it up so i got one online elsewhere, but still haven't received a reply to my ticket or refund?

I am not sure I understand, which unlimited hosting company did you purchase a hosting service from?

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • In my past experience, Delimiter billing were incredibly slow. You'll probably get your money back, but expect to wait a week or two.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • try to contact sales via mail [email protected] , actually a person named Bri handles those requests and has been very helpful to me lately (and also cuts awesome deals ;-))

• I have found that they have become too snobbish. They used to be a good company for the little guy and had decent prices. I asked once what happened to the $10.00 Atoms, I was told they left that market. I was given the biggest attitude. Their attitudes left with their low budget servers. They got too big to give a crap.

• @ProgressiveAtheist said:
    I have found that they have become too snobbish. They used to be a good company for the little guy and had decent prices. I asked once what happened to the $10.00 Atoms, I was told they left that market. I was given the biggest attitude. Their attitudes left with their low budget servers. They got too big to give a crap.

LOL. Another round of reddit publicity and would probably think that they're bigger and better than AWS.

• ProgressiveAtheist said: They got too big to give a crap.

No, they're just butthurt that their assault on the LE* market got stopped in it's tracks due to a few poptarts.

• I wasn't able to get responses until after 2 months I did a PayPal billing dispute. They will terminate your account, but I was able to get my money back.

• @K4Y5 said:

@ProgressiveAtheist said:
    I have found that they have become too snobbish. They used to be a good company for the little guy and had decent prices. I asked once what happened to the $10.00 Atoms, I was told they left that market. I was given the biggest attitude. Their attitudes left with their low budget servers. They got too big to give a crap.

LOL. Another round of reddit publicity and would probably think that they're bigger and better than AWS.

Their support staff arent very friendly i agree!

• @Clouvider said:

@bersy said:
    Who?

Boring.

Debian thx.

• Dota2 thx.

@FredQc said:

@Clouvider said:

@bersy said:
    Who?

Boring.

Debian thx.

• I've recently been sorting an upgrade with them and for a while I was getting no responses to the ticket. I flicked them a message over Twitter and found they responded to the ticket there after very quickly. Perhaps that's worth a shot? I've recently dealt with Brian, Barry and Paul and while I agree they can come across as quite short and terse, they do offer good support for the most part.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It's too bad that Delimeter doesn't actively participate on LET anymore.

Everyone struggles once in awhile but that's no reason to abandon LET!

Thanked by 4netomx MikePT rokok k0nsl
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jbiloh said: Everyone struggles once in awhile but that's no reason to abandon LET!

Well they or one of their main reps got banned for a while iirc, that's a reason to abandon LET?

• LeeLee Veteran

I think there was more to it their sudden departure from LET than LET itself. That whole reddit thing must have been a part of it.

Probably got kicked from higher up over the whole thing I suspect.

• sinsin Member

@Lee said:
    I think there was more to it their sudden departure from LET than LET itself. That whole reddit thing must have been a part of it.

That reddit thread definitely blew up

Thanked by 2netomx ihadp
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@sin said:

@Lee said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/4hx9w4/eve_online_guild_moves_voice_chat_to_a_new_host/

For everyones reference.

• blackblack Member
    edited October 2016

sin said: @Lee said: I think there was more to it their sudden departure from LET than LET itself. That whole reddit thing must have been a part of it.

A lot of people (actual sysadmins of web hosts) did agree with delimiter's evaluation ( https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/4hx9w4/eve_online_guild_moves_voice_chat_to_a_new_host/d2t7jn8/ ) about the issue. It was for a $20/month dedicated server doing up to 700k pps of traffic.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Voice servers are a nightmare and very frequently attract very large attacks.

• sinsin Member
    edited October 2016

black said: A lot of people (actual sysadmins of web hosts) did agree with delimiter's evaluation

I think it might have helped if they had someone step in sooner for damage control. To quote the Delimiter rep "I've been following this for the past couple of days, this situation is completely out of hand." and by then it had turned into a shit show.

Thanks for linking to that thread, can't believe it ended up with over 1000 comments.

• LeeLee Veteran

black said: A lot of people (actual sysadmins of web hosts) did agree with delimiter's evaluation

As with all things of this type, nobody was interested in taking sides, all anyone saw was the way Delimiter handled it. The two reps on here really felt they were something special and it was only a matter of time before that was dealt a swift blow.

Micheal from what I recall 'left' Delimeter, has the other one been even been heard of since?

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Lee said: The two reps on here really felt they were something special and it was only a matter of time before that was dealt a swift blow.

That was what killed them IMO, Mark's attitude was horrendous at times.

Had he left the comms part to @mikeyur (which I got the impression was the original plan), things might not have turned out so badly.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Hoist by their own petard. They really were obnoxious to customers, and it caught up with them. After being on the receiving end, and losing data when they summarily closed my account, I have zero sympathy for them. Karma's a b***h.

• Lee said: Micheal from what I recall 'left' Delimeter, has the other one been even been heard of since?

from this unrelated recent article https://lwn.net/Articles/699842/ you could at least assume that Mark is with yomura/delimiter as he was before.

but it seems they also don't communicate/advertise in other boards like wht lately...

• Update: Complaint filed with Paypal