Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a very low end vps in Europe (Germany / UK) for under 2$ a month.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a very low end vps in Europe (Germany / UK) for under 2$ a month.

DekkenDekken Member
edited April 2013 in General

Hello,

So I need a small VPS located in either Germany or UK.
I am going to install a Teamspeak 3 server on it with ~40 slots, nginx, mysql and going to run a few websites for my own use.
I assume I need around 90-150mb of memory at max.
Will most likely be needing 2+ of this, so an agreement on the price for a long term should be set.

I would like to have a no questions asked few days refund policy in-case the server does not suit my needs.

Thanks!

Comments

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited April 2013

256MB RAM
    256MB VSwap
    15GB RAID HDD
    500GB Premium Bandwidth
    1x Dedicated IPv4 Address
    3x Dedicated IPv6 Address
    OpenVZ/SolusVM
    Located in the Equinix facility @ Dusseldorf, Germany.

EDIT: Never mind its over your budget. I think you need to consider your budget is £1.31, after PP fees the provider is getting under £1.00. You might get it in the US, but im not sure about the EU.

• @GetKVM_Ash It is over my budget and over my specs.
    I need:
    128MB Ram
    128 VSwap / or lower
    5GB HDD or less
    300GB Bandwith
    1x ipv4

I had a few annual plans in Europe in the past for anywhere from 9$ to 18$. I currently have the Prometeus offer for around 15$ I think, but it is in Italy. so no dice.

Thanks though.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Httpzoom can meet your spec for £12 a year.

• RophRoph Member
    edited April 2013

I'd recommend giving @MartinD a poke, my two MiniVPS boxes are brilliant and the latency is fantastic. Though I don't use teamspeak or vent or anything like that, when running a TF2 server on my larger box I see latencies sometimes as low as 9ms. I'm in the UK too of course :)

My little one is a 128/128 box for £1.50 a month, the offer is no longer public/valid but I'm sure he could set you up :)

• @Roph said: I'd recommend giving @MartinD a poke, my two MiniVPS boxes are brilliant and the latency is fantastic. Though I don't use teamspeak or vent or anything like that, when running a TF2 server on my larger box I see latencies sometimes as low as 9ms. I'm in the UK too of course :)

My little one is a 128/128 box for £1.50 a month, the offer is no longer public/valid but I'm sure he could set you up :)

My 256MB offer was £1.50, its out of his budget :)

• Thanks @Roph, I will be sure to contact him.
    @GetKVM_Ash isn't it possible for you to just cut that existing plan in half? too much unused resources for me.

• @Dekken said: Thanks @Roph, I will be sure to contact him.

@GetKVM_Ash isn't it possible for you to just cut that existing plan in half? too much unused resources for me.

Its more the price, i wouldn't be willing to go below £1.50/month as its just not worth it for me after paypal fees, sorry :(

• @Dekken,

Not sure if any good to you, still have some of these packages available in Fareham, UK

LEB-128-Yearly

128mb Ram
    256mb Swap
    15gb HDD
    100gb Bandwidth / month
    1 Cores
    100mb Nic
    XEN PV - Unmanaged
    £12 a year
    https://www.onepoundwebhosting.co.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=62

• There was a $15/y KVM with 256MB / 2GB disk / 200 GB bw in Frankfurt, Germany from @SpeedBus

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=42

• @onepound looks good. a lot of resources that I do not need though. what is your refund policy? am I allowed to test it for a day or two and see if it fits my needs?

@rendszergazda Thanks, but they do not have a refund policy. which is a no no for me.

• @Dekken said: @onepound looks good. a lot of resources that I do not need though. what is your refund policy? am I allowed to test it for a day or two and see if it fits my needs?

14 days

• @GetKVM_Ash I understand. it is just that I am such a light weight user that there is almost no point in spending more than 2$ :) Thanks for the help.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@rendszergazda said: There was a $15/y KVM with 256MB / 2GB disk / 200 GB bw in Frankfurt, Germany from @SpeedBus

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=42

Thanks for the mention ;)

@Dekken said: @rendszergazda Thanks, but they do not have a refund policy. which is a no no for me.

That depends,
    If the product does not work at all for you, yes we will refund you BUT if you ask for a refund without reason, we cannot.

• @SpeedBus Well all I am going to test is ping and connectivity. I am to run a Teamspeak 3 server for me and my mates, have them hop on and test the waters. if we experience any packet loss, then it is a no no for us. otherwise we are good to go.
    Let me know if this is something that you would agree to.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

you shouldn't have any packet loss, if you do we can look into a fix, if that too does not work we can refund.

Pm me for a test IP :-)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

edit.
    nevermind...

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited April 2013

I'm looking for something temporary in Germany as well. I would just need it for a few hours at most, and if my software works i will keep it.

(Ie, i pay whatever price it is that you are asking. If software fails you do a partial refund)

Any takers?

• Dekken, packet loss is almost inevitable on VPS hosting. All it takes is a load spike from some other user on the same node. Or someone on the node receiving a small DoS attack, etc.

Of course some hosts have more problems than others but you get what you pay for pretty much. I would seriously recommend a dedicated server.

• @MxMcMt said: Dekken, packet loss is almost inevitable on VPS hosting. All it takes is a load spike from some other user on the same node. Or someone on the node receiving a small DoS attack, etc.

Actually I'd personally say part of that involves the management team behind the node. If the management team is able to respond quickly and effectively then I feel like this wouldn't be that big of an issue.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Actually I'd personally say part of that involves the management team behind the node. If the management team is able to respond quickly and effectively then I feel like this wouldn't be that big of an issue.

Maybe. There's usually nothing to respond to though. VoIP is so fragile, it takes very little for your sentences to get cut off or sound distorted.

• @onepound Do you have a test IP ? Ipv6 available ?

• @netadmin said: @onepound Do you have a test IP ? Ipv6 available ?

Have PM'd you details

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@blergh_ said: Any takers?

As long as it is not the CPU horror show hog you showed me on IRC I can hook you up, just drop me a mail or PM.

• @AnthonySmith
    Not sure I've mentioned what i plan to run for anyone? Anyhow, still interested in .NL