Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap proxies?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap proxies?

PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
edited October 2016 in General

I'm doing some light web and rss feed scraping. About 30-40 URLs every 10-15 minutes to see if there is an update, grab the html content if there is. Bandwidth wise I can't imagine breaking 1GB per month. I haven't been blocked from any of the sites, but this is just for assurance.

All the proxy hosts I could find on Google are priced pretty much the same. ~10 proxies per month, for $5. Is there any cheaper option? I probably don't even need 10.

Not dealing with any private or sensitive content, so privacy isn't an issue for me.

Comments

• Why don't you just get a LES box and host your own proxy on it? :p

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • I assume you mean LEB/LET box? I need rotating IPs so they'll be harder to block.

• What is your budget for IPs?

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • No, I mean the Lowendspirit boxes. You could buy some of them (3€ yearly) and open there some proxy's for you and rotate every day through every box.

Would be the cheapest solution in my eyes. ^^

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • @MSPNick said:
    What is your budget for IPs?

Not much at all. Definitely lower than $5 per month, as cheap as possible.

I could even do with one proxy rotating every few days.

@paily I just did the math, it's cheaper and more functional to stick with the $5/pm providers because they have such a larger pool of IPs :( I'll be stuck with a total of 20 ips for the whole year at LES or a similar provider at the same price.

Thanked by 1paily
  • @PepeSilvia said:

@MSPNick said:
    What is your budget for IPs?

Not much at all. Definitely lower than $5 per month, as cheap as possible.

I could even do with one proxy rotating every few days.

@paily I just did the math, it's cheaper and more functional to stick with the $5/pm providers because they have such a larger pool of IPs :( I'll be stuck with a total of 20 ips for the whole year at LES or a similar provider at the same price.

Same subnet?

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Would prefer different, but since I haven't been blocked anywhere after a few months of this I doubt they'd crack down enough to block the entire subnet.

What do you have in mind?

• You shouldn't be worried about 30~40 urls in a 10-15 mins window. If anything, using proxies can get you blocked without abusing anything.
    Rotating proxies service is what you're looking for...

• Maybe get a bunch of LES servers in different locations with maybe i83?