Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorial/Guide Request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tutorial/Guide Request

ZealZeal Member

It is fairly easy to setup (tested on C2S,C2M)

• Start with Debian 8 Jessie and turn it into Proxmox VE https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Jessie16
  • Proxmox gives you a nice solution to setup KVM and LCD together with VNC or Spice, networking, etc.)
  • (booting the Proxmox kernel does not work, since scale way does PXE booting from their own kernels, but still it seems to work with the default Debian 8 scale way kernel)
  • open the Proxmox http website HTTPS://YOUR_IP:8006 and create a new windows KVM VM with NAT
  • use Chrome or Firefox to use the novnc KVM console from Proxmox (Safari does not work) and install windows

Optional steps afterwards:

• enable remote desktop (RDP)
  • install ZerotierOne to create a private VPN through your NAT
  • connect via RDP from your local machine via your private ZerotierOne network (ZerotierOne is awesome!!) to your Windows Machine hosted in Proxmox.

With Proxmox now you can put many guests (either KVM oder LCD) on one machine.
A nice idea would be to create an empty ready made Proxmox Scale way snapshot, put it on a bunch of machines and use Proxmox clustering.

Can someone please provide a step by step or noob friendly guide, maybe video? Thank you

I tried so many times and I'm still lost.

Comments

• I don't get it, what are you trying to do? Install Promox?

• @doghouch said:
    I don't get it, what are you trying to do? Install Promox?

Hi, I'm trying to install promox on scaleway :)

• @Zeal said:

@doghouch said:

One more question: you don't understand how to install it, or you can't get it to work?

• @doghouch said:

@Zeal said:

@doghouch said:

One more question: you don't understand how to install it, or you can't get it to work?

I don't understand how to install it.