Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowsocks server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shadowsocks server

I was wondering if anyone could assist me with quick question with Shadowsocks. I am looking to create a Shadowsocks server to be used by hundreds or thousands of people, but I have no idea what kind of server specifications would be needed to support that many users. Does anyone have a general idea of server requirements for varying numbers of concurrent users?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

• Dave

Comments

• I'm unsure whether there's anyone here that has done a (single) Shadowsocks deployment for such a large number of individuals, but I would honestly split the users across multiple servers and SS instances.

Unfortunately, you'd probably have to test performance yourself since (among many other things) it would depend on the key length that you choose and as well as algorithm.

• I believe the problem will not be the server itself, but that your ip will be banned in seconds if really you get thousands of people to use by gfw

Ss usage can be found in github wiki

Thanked by 1netomx
  • use one-button script to install and git pull to upgrade. easy to be managed