Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute email worth getting with dedi box? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute email worth getting with dedi box?

Comments

• @jarland said:
    Purely Incero Dallas right now. Gives us a unique privacy angle in that we have a physical presence overseeing the servers in the datacenter every week.

Might have something launching in OVH Canada though soon, a different product, if it works :)

Stupid question not related to this thread, but does MXRoute offer the ability to use 2FA to protect accounts?

• @jarland said:
    Purely Incero Dallas right now. Gives us a unique privacy angle in that we have a physical presence overseeing the servers in the datacenter every week.

Might have something launching in OVH Canada though soon, a different product, if it works :)

Open in OVH Toronto! (once it's open that is)

Not sure if it has VAC yet, so DDoS is possible. :/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2016

Void_Whisperer said: Stupid question not related to this thread, but does MXRoute offer the ability to use 2FA to protect accounts?

Unfortunately this isn't supported on mail protocols so it hasn't been something I've been particularly interested in introducing. At the points I could implement it, I'm afraid it would give off the wrong impression as the most important data would still be behind services that don't support it.

Google gets an interesting pass with this because they don't use standard mail protocols in most mail apps (and have a custom authentication system for standard protocols) but instead have direct support built in for their protocols. A bit above my ability and size to offer something like that, but I do eventually want to.

It'll be a money + development hurdle. We'll get there :)

Thanked by 1switsys
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:

Void_Whisperer said: Stupid question not related to this thread, but does MXRoute offer the ability to use 2FA to protect accounts?

Unfortunately this isn't supported on mail protocols so it hasn't been something I've been particularly interested in introducing. At the points I could implement it, I'm afraid it would give off the wrong impression as the most important data would still be behind services that don't support it.

Google gets an interesting pass with this because they don't use standard mail protocols in most mail apps (and have a custom authentication system for standard protocols) but instead have direct support built in for their protocols. A bit above my ability and size to offer something like that, but I do eventually want to.

It'll be a money + development hurdle. We'll get there :)

Perhaps just on the front-end side/administration as apposed to smtp auth.

• @Ishaq said:
    Another +1 for MXRoute. Use it daily and never disappoints.

FYI emails from PageClick's Technical Support arrive directly to the Junk Folder of my Hotmail account.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I know I've banged on about this before, but a presence in the EU would be awesome please. Speeds/performance in Dallas have increased recently though.

gapper said: FYI emails from PageClick's Technical Support arrive directly to the Junk Folder of my Hotmail account.

Tell me you're not sending them through sparkpost @ishaq ;)

Thanked by 1Ishaq
  • @jarland said:

gapper said: FYI emails from PageClick's Technical Support arrive directly to the Junk Folder of my Hotmail account.

Tell me you're not sending them through sparkpost @ishaq ;)

Yeah, we do :P

Didn't want to burden you too much.

• mxroute hands down.... just works

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited October 2016

@Razza said:

tr1cky said: SES and mxroute are pretty much the same, SES is maybe a bit less reliable for some emails and probably a lot faster than mxroute in general email delivery.

Ses is a bit faster than Mxroute for email delivery but its probably due to mailchannels as its dose outgoing spam filtering.

i've used both deliverable is about the same when you say Ses maybe a bit less reliable for some emails what email's are you talking about.

I occasionally saw Hotmail blocking emails from them. Same with some German providers (web.de, gmx.de, t-online).

Edit: mailchannels which mxroute uses would just try with a different ip until it goes through.

• Bought a package from MXroute 2 days ago. So far so good.

Ishaq said: Didn't want to burden you too much.

Just upgraded MailChannels allocation from 300k to 1M. Go for it ;)

• @jarland any black friday deal coming this year?

• @Nekki said:
    Fuck me, all of LET actually agrees on something.

MxRoute is utter crap, Total scam!!111 my emails get delivered in a timely manner and that's unacceptable! On top of that it's easy to use WTF!

The owner is a red bull junkie and is likely to give you helpful information...

We all know that this isn't the LET way therefore is a scam.

Chalipa said: any black friday deal coming this year?

At least two different deals, maybe more if another product is ready in time.

Thanked by 2ThracianDog bersy
  • @jarland said:

I meant 2FA on the MXRoute site, not email protocol itself.

@Void_Whisperer said:

@jarland said:

I meant 2FA on the MXRoute site, not email protocol itself.

I had it on there but no one used it. I may re-enable it. Seemed like a wasted WHMCS plugin cost.

• @jarland said: I had it on there but no one used it. I may re-enable it. Seemed like a wasted WHMCS plugin cost.

Isn't it integrated into WHMCS these days?

• Ishaq said: Isn't it integrated into WHMCS these days?

https://www.whmcs.com/two-factor/

Three diff options // or just $1.50 for unlimited users.

Yeah, really darn cheap. Seems far more people are interested in having 2FA than using it :(

• @jarland said:
    Yeah, really darn cheap. Seems far more people are interested in having 2FA than using it :(

It's personally a huge concern for me because I had an email account get hacked because it didn't have 2FA on it, so now I can't move them anywhere that doesn't have 2fa

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Ishaq Use MXRoute or Mailgun - or else!

• @doghouch said:
    @Ishaq Use MXRoute or Mailgun - or else!

I will excuse your necro for this valid argument.

• @Ishaq said:

@doghouch said:
    @Ishaq Use MXRoute or Mailgun - or else!

I will excuse your necro for this valid argument.

Sorry boss, I couldn't resist the urge!

• emgemg Veteran

@Void_Whisperer said:

It's personally a huge concern for me because I had an email account get hacked because it didn't have 2FA on it, so now I can't move them anywhere that doesn't have 2fa

I would like to understand this better. How did your email account get hacked in a way that would have been prevented with two factor authentication?

• LikeSweet said: You can easily learn the difference between all of the server options within a 5-minute glance at their site. The information is easy to find and the resources are vital to your business.

Erm...

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited October 2016

@Nekki said:

LikeSweet said: You can easily learn the difference between all of the server options within a 5-minute glance at their site. The information is easy to find and the resources are vital to your business.

Erm...

@OP you can drop your usual SEO / content writer routine when you post here at LET.

kthxbye

• @jarland said:

Please release the deal early. I'm so bored of waiting for Black Friday.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Waldo19
  • edited October 2016

@jarland said:

That's a pitty :/

2fa had saved me many times including the yahoo breach and other breaches.

Edit:spelling

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Speaking about email... We use Rackspace mail at our company and it rocks. Plus their support is superb. Although the mailtester shows that the email server ips are banned in a few rbls and spamassassin could be improved...