Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USA IP and PayPal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

USA IP and PayPal

sktanmoysktanmoy Member
edited December 2011 in Help

I'm from Bangladesh and here PayPal isn't still available. So I used a USA PayPal which is verified with USA bank account. The PayPal was opened using my uncle's address who lived in Dallas. I access the account using a VPN (Dallas IP). If I use/login the account with an IP of other state (Ex: NY), any chance to get blocked/limited?

Comments

• You won't get blocked

Thanked by 1sktanmoy
  • I used my paypal when I was in maurtius (I live in england) and didn't get blocked.

Thanked by 1sktanmoy
  • Nah, I logged in to my friend's canadian PayPal all the time and nothing ever happened. My PayPal address was to my parent's house in New Jersey, when I was at Uni in upstate NY, and I didn't change the address even after I moved to Florida, they never did anything.

• Thanks to all for sharing your experience with me :)

• Im also having doubts with my paypal esp here in singapore we have wimax so my ip is shared with other users near me, but still this isnt public internet, we pay for this. do you think it is safe to open my paypal account with this? If I cant, then Im limited to use my paypal only at home and I only have 'home time' during weekends, lol

• jhjh Member

It can happen. Sometimes when I log onto Paypal in France they limit my account until I call them.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Just don't ever forget to use your VPN, they locked my dad's PayPal when we went to Zambia, they did unlock it but they needed some kinda prof or something.

• @Infinity said: Just don't ever forget to use your VPN, they locked my dad's PayPal when we went to Zambia, they did unlock it but they needed some kinda prof or something.

There is a form you can fill out authorizing access to a certain country IP range between two dates

@justinb said: There is a form you can fill out authorizing access to a certain country IP range between two dates

Really? Could you link me?

• Interesting. I used my PayPal a lot when I was in Japan and didn't have any problems.

• I dont think they froze my account as I had nothing worth stealing (zero balance) in it.

• @justinb said: There is a form

shed me light please

• As long as there is no suspicious activity they do not limit your account.

@VmlIT said: As long as there is no suspicious activity they do not limit your account.

You sure? My dad didn't do anything suspicious because he doesn't know the password, only I do and I know I didn't do anything suspicious, all I did was order something.

• I won't trust paypal. Sorry. Have another payment method like Alertpay just for the lulz.

• @luis123456 said: I won't trust paypal. Sorry. Have another payment method like Alertpay just for the lulz.

You're just mad because you're banned from paypal. Personal vendetta.

• @luis123456 said: I won't trust paypal. Sorry. Have another payment method like Alertpay just for the lulz.

I'd trust paypal with my money way before I'd trust Alertpay.

• @justinb said: You're just mad because you're banned from paypal. Personal vendetta.

Do not use that word here. Makes me want to find a proxy and create a fake account jjust to thinbk I can bypass it lol

• In any case: out of skrill, alertpay, moneybookers, paypal, gcheckout, I would trust everything to google wallet/google checkout, then paypal, then none of the below.

Alertpay is disgusting, Skrill is even worse.

• Same as above, I'd put my trust in Google, and PayPal.

Thanked by 1luis123456
  • It's kind of a "lesser of two evils" thing, neither are particularly perfect, but more trustworthy than Skrill, which sells your personal information to affiliate CPA advertisers (spammers), and Alertpay, whose payment processing almost entirely consists of spammers and hacktool sellers and ebook trash.

• luis123456luis123456 Member
    edited December 2011

@Kairus said: Same as above, I'd put my trust in Google, and PayPal.

Well, now that you mention it, yes I have a Google Checkout account (without a card ofc) that I use for the Android market. It's my Gmail email.

It's OS (Android) is what empowers my phone so hell yes I would use that to get VPS/Dedi when and if I get a creadit card (remember the only safe word when talking to me+hosting= free, all else is an IF)

• @luis123456 said: It's OS (Android) is what empowers my phone so hell yes I would use that to get VPS/Dedi when and if I get a creadit card

How amusing, you are linking the idea of financial systems security to an OS that is made to run on your phone. That's like saying Palm or Symbian should be building systems in the financial sector as they're more secure because they built a phone OS.