Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FOREVER 2 €/m -Frankfurt, Germany- RootNerds VPS (2 cores, 10 GB RAID 10 HDD, IPv6) - 2ms to DE-CIX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FOREVER 2 €/m -Frankfurt, Germany- RootNerds VPS (2 cores, 10 GB RAID 10 HDD, IPv6) - 2ms to DE-CIX

RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in Offers

And once again (we're kinda addicted to LET now :D)I have the honor to present you our 2 € LET special :)

Some facts:
Our nodes:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz,
RAM: 32 GB
RAID10 with enterprise drives (SSDs coming soon, maybe as well as SSD CACHING)
OpenVZ virtualized

TestFiles/TestIPs/LookingGlass: http://lg.rootnerds.com/

Our other plans: http://www.rootnerds.com/vps.php

LET Special:
2 €/Month (recurring) - Order - Promo: 5COD3BW3BF
2 Cores
256 MB RAM
128 MB vSWAP
10 GB HDD Hardware RAID 10
Fair use traffic. If you need more than 1 TB every month, we might need to talk to you.
1 IPv4 included
10 IPv6 - more on request

Contact/Support
Of course, here in this thread.
Mail: support [AT] rootnerds.com
LiveChat

Take a look at the Whois entry

Sincerely,

Ideal-Hosting UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Ulrich Strunz (CEO)
Dr.-von-Schmitt-Str. 8
96050 Bamberg
Germany
Verify our address!

Tel.: +49 (0) 951 / 2990997-1
Fax: +49 (0) 951 / 2990997-9

Commercial register: HRB 7196
Local court: Amtsgericht Bamberg
EU VAT Nr.: DE282838796

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2013

Quick review for anyone interested after my first 2 weeks with their service:

TL; DR: So far the server has been decent. Support reply times leave a little bit to be desired. Network connectivity is good with nice routing.

My only complaint(s) to date is the fact that once deployed I was unable to setup tun/tap using the SolusVM panel. The buttons were there but did not work. It took putting in a support ticket and waiting about half a day to be resolved. Wasn't so bad the first time, but then they had an emergency node reboot because of a power outage and the same issue popped up again, basically costing me another lost day of use. (because of the power issue their vps customers were not top priority and I was told I would need to wait for them to resolve my issue).

Bar the issue with tun/tap, the network connectivity is good and they have decent routes. For being their lowest tier server, its pretty snappy and the servers them self seem pretty stable and un-abused.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said: My only complaint(s) to date is the fact that once deployed I was unable to setup tun/tap using the SolusVM panel. The buttons were there but did not work.

Honestly, that seems to be a pretty common thing, even with different providers.

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said: Quick review for anyone interested after my first 2 weeks with their service:

Hey! First of all, thanks for your honest and objective review. The TUN/TAP bug is indeed annoying. However, we could not figure out why it is doing that as you are the only customer so far with that problem. We will continue to investigate on that issue and hope we can resolve it. (If we can't well, then we need to do it manually every time)

@user123 said: Honestly, that seems to be a pretty common thing, even with different providers.

Probably does mean it's an issue with SolusVM. Manually activating it with OpenVZ works just fine.