Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance of Dedi Classic 2016 from online.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Performance of Dedi Classic 2016 from online.net

lossehelinlossehelin Member
edited October 2016 in Help

I am intrigued by the d-1531 on online.net. i cant find a passmark for it so in your experience is it comparable to which passmark?

i am currently contemplating moving to a dedicated server again. I was on a delimiter dedicated server (the 20$) and i was very happy but when it came to renew things had slowdown on my side and a dedicated server was not required for my current projects. But now things have grown up more than i expected and more projects are coming my way so i am contemplating in going for a dedi again. Wouldn't mind go back to delimiter as i enjoyed them but the clearance servers at the moment are week and do not have ssd.
So i am looking at online and mainly at their xc 2016. I believe the server can handle what i have now and there may be space for growth with it (anyone with personal experience regarding hit capacity?)
But the d-1531 seems intriguing and the specs tempting but i do not know much about it.

Comments

• did you already ask them "delimiter"? maybe sales can find you a deal.

otherwise the best person to ask about online specs is @spacedust.

• Given that a D-1540 has 8c/16 vs 6c/12t of the D-1531 with a clockspeed of 2ghz vs 2.2ghz for the 31, I'd say it has around 8500 passmark score.

Your dual E5420 should clock in at around 7000, so you'd gain about 20% in passmark score (rough numbers).

Then again, online has their dc in europe, while delimiter is us-based. The location difference is probably more significant than 20% in raw power.

• thank you all. I will probably approach delimiter to see if they can provision on of those servers with ssd. but the d-1531 is growing on me.

• TomTom Member

@lossehelin said:
    I was on a delimiter dedicated server

>

Who?

Thanked by 2ManofServer Rhys
  • i had a server with them

• @lossehelin said:
    i had a server with them

We literally have no idea who you're talking about, unlimited (or "de-limited" in your slang terms) offers do not exist.

• :) im talking about delimiter.com

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • It's a long standing joke here to refuse to read "delimiter" as a string, but instead refer to it as a delimiter.