Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap windows vm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap windows vm

I'm looking for a cheap windows VM for a family member. Location preferably in the eu. It's for testing a small ruby setup. Not sure about the resources it'll need but minimal specs to run windows should be fine I guess. Not much bandwidth needed at this stage. It's been a while since I used windows on a server so I'm not sure what it'll cost so there's no set budget. Need a decent network though.

Comments

• Do you need licensing as well or BYO?

We can provide KVM in NL with custom ISO support.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

The costs for a license will most likely be the most expensive part of the VPS.
    With Windows you should not go any lower than 1GB ram. Depending on your kind-of usage 1GB might even be too small.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • i can provide you this in Romania , the price start from 7 $/mo , let me know if the location is ok

• @Ishaq said:
    Do you need licensing as well or BYO?

We can provide KVM in NL with custom ISO support.

How much are licences these days? BYO might be ok, have to check with him. I was thinking running windows trial at first to test performance and such before committing to a licence.

• Saragoldfarb said: How much are licences these days? BYO might be ok, have to check with him. I was thinking running windows trial at first to test performance and such before committing to a licence.

Yes, that's fine. There is 180 day evaluation I believe.

PM me if you're interested.

• @cociu said:
    i can provide you this in Romania , the price start from 7 $/mo , let me know if the location is ok

Sounds reasonable. Romania may work. Just checking what's available at the moment but will pm you if it's a go. Cheers.

• If you need a licensed Windows VPS, we can do this in the UK:

2 vCPU, 2GB RAM, 40GB SSD Storage, 3TB Bandwidth & Windows Server 2012.

$9/month.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @Ishaq said:

Saragoldfarb said: How much are licences these days? BYO might be ok, have to check with him. I was thinking running windows trial at first to test performance and such before committing to a licence.

Yes, that's fine. There is 180 day evaluation I believe.

PM me if you're interested.

I think so. not sure as like I said, haven't used windows for a while on a server :) will look that up. NL would work. Will pm you if I need more info and discuss things.

• We can do a KVM for you in Netherlands with a Windows Server 2012 license, or you can bring your own. Drop me a PM if interested and I will be happy to set you up with a free trial first :-)

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

I've PMed you with our offer :)

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks but we won't have more slices for a bit :( Ran into some problems getting RAM since there's a sudden mad dash for everyone to get DDR3 RAM and prices spiked like mad. Took me about a week and an extra ~$4000 to get what we needed.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Thanks but we won't have more slices for a bit :( Ran into some problems getting RAM since there's a sudden mad dash for everyone to get DDR3 RAM and prices spiked like mad. Took me about a week and an extra ~$4000 to get what we needed.

Francisco

Why suddenly people needed RAM?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Domin43 said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Why suddenly people needed RAM?

Wish I knew. RAM went from around $130/4-pack to $250/4-pack bundle in a couple months. I originally secured a deal for $140/4-pack but he either realized the prices were spiking hard or he really did run out of inventory. His claim was he sold ~200 4-packs within a week due to the spike and that he had nothing left.

I ended up having to pay $188/4-pack which sucked for sure :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1Domin43
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Bummer. I've been trying to justify getting one of your servers for ages as everyone speaks highly of your services. Just when I've got a good usage for them you're out :) oh well, eventually I'll probably get one from you. I guess I'll have to wait for your Luxembourg kvms ;).

• we purpose our clients very cheap plans for Windows server, you can select yours in Power or high perf vps page. Min recomended for windows 4 GB ram 2vcore

• Hello ,
    I can give windows server whit 2 GB ddr4 memory and 40 GB SSD monthly 15 EUR and whit Enterparis class HDD whit 50 GB 13 EUR and 15 .
    I can give it for you 15 day free trial for testing .

Virtualization : VMware Port 1 Gbps BW 500 GB

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostslick-1gb-kvm-server-starting-48year-milan-italy/

Located in Milan, Italy. $6.99/m or $48/yr. Supports windows as it is KVM.