Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net threaten me with bailiff - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net threaten me with bailiff

2»

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2016

joepie91 said: no, these bank cards do not have a CC number on them, and it is not possible to use them as a CC, and it is not trivial to obtain a regular creditcard.

Prepaid cards, when having visa, maestro or mastercard sign on them, can be used like any bank issued debit card. The "easiness" of refilling, is a matter of the issuer. Some companies that are not banks but something like a reseller of services or virtual issuers, have their own rules on how to top-up those cards. But, this has nothing to do on things like if you can use the card or the virtual card to purchase goods.
    After all, the issuer is not the Bank but the organization (e.g. visa). Banks are in fact, the "middleman" that holds or lent the money to the holder.
    If those cards are not affiliated with Visa, mastercard on any major card issuer (for example, credit or debit cards issued by the bank and available only to shops that do accept them), then, maybe there are not credit cards, so cannot be used in most of companies.
    Any online shop (like hosting sellers) do describe what kind of cards do they accept.

gramsup said: So, about a day or two later, many days before it was even time for renewal, I changed my credit card numbers at online.net to my other credit card with a major US bank. It worked everywhere, even online.net for the initial authorization.

gramsup said: Later, I got my replacement credit card for the first credit card I had. Online.net refused it too. So, it was actually impossible for me to pay them. I escalated the ticket and practically begged for them to give me a way to pay them. It got me nowhere except ... for them to say, try it again and again.

If those you describer are accurate, then, you can refuse to fulfill the collector's demand. Send online.net and the collector agency a extrajudicial document describing that you had the will to pay them, but they refused to co operate with you when they couldn't charge a legit credit/debit card.

• What I cannot understand in your case, is why didn't you ad in your account the new credit/debit card.

This is what I get in the client's panel. In billing section, I can add as many cards as I want. I manually added my new card when the old one expired.

• @jvnadr said:
    What I cannot understand in your case, is why didn't you ad in your account the new credit/debit card.

This is what I get in the client's panel. In billing section, I can add as many cards as I want. I manually added my new card when the old one expired.

If you read the post you would realize they did try and do exactly that. Online.net issued a $1 check charge causing it to not have enough balance on the card to renew the server.

didtav said: when i tried to change the card number in console.online.net with another one time only vcc to renew the server, they charged it €1 for verification and that made the one shot card unusable afterthat.

Thanked by 1didtav
  • AlyssaD said: If you read the post you would realize they did try and do exactly that. Online.net issued a $1 check charge causing it to not have enough balance on the card to renew the server.

Hmm, you're right, I messed up OP with @gramsup that had another issue I comment on. Saw @gramsup issue and forgot that OP was a different person. Mea culpa!

• gramsupgramsup Member
    edited October 2016

@jvnadr said:

AlyssaD said: If you read the post you would realize they did try and do exactly that. Online.net issued a $1 check charge causing it to not have enough balance on the card to renew the server.

Hmm, you're right, I messed up OP with @gramsup that had another issue I comment on. Saw @gramsup issue and forgot that OP was a different person. Mea culpa!

I did use the option to add a new card. This is what accepted my new card with an authorization and then later refused it on renewal. And the newly reissued card didn't work there either from the same company I originally paid with. What will happen is it says something like rejected in red letters at the top of the screen no matter what. And online.net wouldn't do a thing except to tell me to keep retrying (and say they're now sending the bailiff).

My guess is their processor or online.net may block your name / address for whatever reason leaving no recourse or way to pay with any other card. They can't be contacted and online.net won't look into it or provide any other options than already show in your panel. Even allowing me to pay with PayPal a month earlier than they said I could was refused by them - preferring me to rather go unpaid and terminate instead. I've never seen anything quite like it.

• See they threaten with a bailiff, but It would be interesting to see if they can actually enforce that depending on which country the OP is from.

I would think if you had repeatedly tried to pay with a supposedly accepted payment method, could demonstrate sufficient funds were available and tried to offer alternate options and online.net wouldn't accommodate or help you resolve the issue then Online would probably lose in court given you'd be able to demonstrate that you made every effort to pay the invoice and it's their problem their system can't take the payment.

Then again I'm not a lawyer

• Sorry for the necrobump; I just hopped in to ask if there is any news.

I managed to get to roughly the same end.
    My credit card expired (after 4 years, that is), and I had some trouble with my bank rectifying it, so I could not renew my service with my credit card.

Then I contacted them, for being able to wire transfer (at my own, additional cost); the ability to pay with PayPal (where I may upload balance in other ways); or even two weeks of additional deadline while I get my new card.
    All I've got (aside 3 emails and SMS about termination and debt collection) a support reply about no other way, but I could use a family or friend card.

Of course.
    Then I'd discuss with my tax office and lawyer in retrospect about why did I pay my business costs from third parties' accounts.

This company, as great as it shoots, has numerous shortcomings, like

• not being able to have a pre-paid balance, from which costs may be deducted, when needs (like this, or a stolen card, or whatever else) arise
    • not being cooperative at all when
      and also

• not being cooperative at all when you want to move your service to a different business account / vat id together with not being able to transfer your IP address(es) if you subscribe to a new service.

In my opinion, this is not how anybody labeling themselves professional within Europe should do business.
    So, surely enough, left with no other options, I moved to a company where none of the above is problematic.

Of course they now threaten me in the same way.
    It is just I have shown - and can prove - that I tried to pay in many different ways and could not.

Good luck to them proving in any court that I am the one at fault.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

That's a big bump

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What a necro. Ban him.

Thanked by 2Janevski netomx
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@strongholdmedia said:
    Sorry for the necrobump; I just hopped in to ask if there is any news.

So you signed up to necro an old thread from 2016 and to share a wall of text with us?

• @didtav said:
    hello, LEB users,

Excuse me, we are LET users, not LEB. No need for name calling lol

Thanked by 3uptime MasonR netomx
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@strongholdmedia said:

Since the original poster stopped posting on the issue we clearly must conclude the bailiff caught up with him and he's confined somewhere without internet access these many years.

• @angstrom said:

@strongholdmedia said:

So you signed up to necro an old thread from 2016 and to share a wall of text with us?

It's not a wall of text if there's paragraphs. Surely, reading that comment wasn't all that hard, no? We're all adults, here.

• RedSoxRedSox Member

What happened to OP?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@donli said:

@strongholdmedia said:

he's confined somewhere without internet access these many years.

Sorry what? what country?
    Not for a bill you cannot pay.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@RedSox said:
    What happened to OP?

Floating gossips say that OP was sent to Gulag to pay the debt off. His debt was paid off within a month but he chose to stay there after falling in love with a smoking hot Russian girl.

@deank said:

@RedSox said:
    What happened to OP?

Floating gossips say that OP was sent to Gulag to pay the debt off. His debt was paid off within a month but he chose to stay there after falling in love with a smoking hot Russian girl.

I guess the guy who just wrote that, even reported him, so he got deported to gulag.
    He only posted, to clean his conscience, so he looks innocent.
    Change my mind.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • Maybe OP just waiting to offline.net to answer the ticket.

Thanked by 1strongholdmedia
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

hello, LEB users

vive le Busers

@TimboJones said:
    Surely, reading that comment wasn't all that hard, no? We're all adults, here.

Lol. No.

Using the word LEB should be counted as ban reason on LET.

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@strongholdmedia said:

It's not a wall of text if there's paragraphs. Surely, reading that comment wasn't all that hard, no? We're all adults, here.

Okay, instead of replying to me, why don't you give a thoughtful reaction to @strongholdmedia's 8+ paragraphs of text? Note that he left as soon as he threw out that text, but don't let this fact dissuade you from doing the right thing. Talk to him, not to me.

• @angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@strongholdmedia said:

Okay, instead of replying to me, why don't you give a thoughtful reaction to @strongholdmedia's 8+ paragraphs of text? Note that he left as soon as he threw out that text, but don't let this fact dissuade you from doing the right thing. Talk to him, not to me.

Because my comment to you was useful to point out your error. Your comment was redundant and wrong. His first line indicated he knew it was a necrobump.

• GulfGulf Member

Just curious, if he/she signs a contract and then terminate it for a reason. How online.net could pass these debts?

• GulfGulf Member

@didtav said:

i don't have credit card, i brought a server from online.net using one shot virtual credit card.

I believe you should have terminated the contract as the problem on their side.

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@strongholdmedia said:

Because my comment to you was useful to point out your error. Your comment was redundant and wrong. His first line indicated he knew it was a necrobump.

You really need to get your logic straight if you want to talk about "my error" and say that my comment was "redundant and wrong".

I asked @strongholdmedia a question: basically, I asked him about his rationale for necroing this thread and throwing out all of that text, strongly suspecting (of course) that his comment was a hit & run comment.

Yes, he said that it was a necrobump. I agreed and asked him about his rationale.

As far as I can tell, there was no error on my part, nor was my comment redundant and wrong.

If you want to continue this (and you don't need to), be a big boy and take responsibility for your words and clarify what my error was, and why my comment was redundant and wrong (since this is what you claim).

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • @angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@strongholdmedia said:

You really need to get your logic straight if you want to talk about "my error" and say that my comment was "redundant and wrong".

I asked @strongholdmedia a question: basically, I asked him about his rationale for necroing this thread and throwing out all of that text, strongly suspecting (of course) that his comment was a hit & run comment.

Yes, he said that it was a necrobump. I agreed and asked him about his rationale.

As far as I can tell, there was no error on my part, nor was my comment redundant and wrong.

If you want to continue this (and you don't need to), be a big boy and take responsibility for your words and clarify what my error was, and why my comment was redundant and wrong (since this is what you claim).

I already stated your mistakes and you're definitely having problems accepting that. But here it is again.

"So you signed up to necro an old thread from 2016"

Redundant, and you tried covering your post by saying you asked him about his rational, clearly bs, you didn't.

"and to share a wall of text with us?"

Error, it's not a wall of text if it has paragraphs.

You asked self answering yes/no, not asked for rational or commented on the contents. Otherwise, you wouldn't be wondering why it was necro'd.

And no, this doesn't need to continue. I made my point. Can't make the horse drink the water.

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@strongholdmedia said:

I already stated your mistakes and you're definitely having problems accepting that. But here it is again.

"So you signed up to necro an old thread from 2016"

Redundant, and you tried covering your post by saying you asked him about his rational, clearly bs, you didn't.

"and to share a wall of text with us?"

Error, it's not a wall of text if it has paragraphs.

You asked self answering yes/no, not asked for rational or commented on the contents. Otherwise, you wouldn't be wondering why it was necro'd.

And no, this doesn't need to continue. I made my point. Can't make the horse drink the water.

I rest my case. (Better luck next time.)

• @angstrom said:

That, plus (re-)archiving the thread on archive.org so that I can later prove that I did write this before anything problematic / legally constraining happened. :)

But this does not mean that I am "that new" here; I just stayed in read-only mode beforehand.:smiley:

Still, I hope I would remain a somewhat active member, capable of more things than mere complying (which is my specialty anyway).

Thanked by 1angstrom

@strongholdmedia said:

@angstrom said:

That, plus (re-)archiving the thread on archive.org so that I can later prove that I did write this before anything problematic / legally constraining happened. :)

But this does not mean that I am "that new" here; I just stayed in read-only mode beforehand.:smiley:

Still, I hope I would remain a somewhat active member, capable of more things than mere complying (which is my specialty anyway).

Thanks for returning to say more.

If I may ask, what was the final outcome? Did online.net threaten to send a bailiff to collect the amount due from you as well? (This is what the OP said about his case.) Or did your services simply expire? Was there any resolution in the end?

• I have no idea. Threatening went the same, then services got terminated as expected.
    No further follow-up yet.

If anything, I do admit that I have used the service in an unpaid manner from 1st of the month to the 10th when it got disconnected/terminated, so should they provide a means to pay for that sum without a credit card, I am still content with paying that prorated.

Nothing else though - no costs, no whatever.