Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know what's happened to BHost? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know what's happened to BHost?

2»

Comments

• DeorDeor Member

I've been with them for a couple of years and always had very good service. Good uptime, fast ticket responses, but recently they seem to have gone down hill.

I needed to make a couple of changes to my services with them before the next invoice, but ive had no reply to 2 tickets for 2 servers in the last 7 days. Also no reply to 2 telephone messages ive left over the last 2 weeks.

My servers are now suspended and their automatic system keeps telling me my invoice is overdue, despite having cancelled one of them. I guess all good things come to an end, just glad i had started migrating stuff in advance!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Update (I wish):

• bhost seems to be active on twitter
    https://twitter.com/BHostLimited

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited April 2013

@dominicl
    Oh, 3 days?
    http://screensnapr.tirlins.com/slow.PNG
    Hopefully they will answer your ticket in the next three weeks.

@Makenai said: Oh, 3 days?

!(http://screensnapr.tirlins.com/slow.PNG)
    Hopefully they will answer your ticket in the next three weeks.

Your ticket is set to "closed" though.

@camarg said: bhost seems to be active on twitter

https://twitter.com/BHostLimited

:/ Ridiculous

• @dominicl
    That's because I cancelled my VPS. I had been waiting for almost a month, and didn't even get a single response.

@Makenai said: That's because I cancelled my VPS. I had been waiting for almost a month, and didn't even get a single response.

Ah right

• IshaqIshaq Member

When I had a VPS with them, I had "ok" support.. normally was replied within 48 hours.

I canceled, however I do recommend them which is weird.

• BHostBHost Member

Hi everyone,

Just spotted this post. As mentioned above, we had some staff shortages meaning our level of service was not up to its usual high standard. All we can do is apologise for this and assure you the issue is fully resolved, and our service is back to normal.

Right now, our tickets are dealt with rapidly, usually within an hour.
    If anyone has any concerns or needs to escalate something, please email [email protected] and we'll ensure everything is resolved to your full satisfaction.

I don't use BHost any more anyway, haha. :P

• BHostBHost Member

@Zen said:
    It only took you two months

We are not regular users of this forum!

If you have any further concerns, please email [email protected]

• andyGBandyGB Member

This company is a farce!

VPS been down for several days, and no support tickets are being answered.

• AsimAsim Member

@TheLinuxBug said:
    What I find interesting about this thread is I have almost never needed to contact their support. I have had a server with them for 2+ years and maybe filed 2-3 tickets. The server has always been reliable and the network rarely has issues. Has some of the best routing to US/UK and I get 2Tb a month traffic. I hope they respond to you guys and get things worked out, because for me they have been one of my favorite and most stable providers.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Same here, have one cPanel-DNSOnly installed on their xenpv and its been smooth eversince. Uptime of months

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2013

@Asim
    Linux private 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5.028stab101.1 #1 SMP Sun Jun 24 20:25:35 MSD 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
    Current uptime: 17:46:16 up 337 days, 11:13, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.05, 0.01

Feel bad for the people with issues, but still going strong for me! BHost is a great group! Give them some time, reach out to the e-mail provided above or msg @BHost and I am sure they will take care of you. Still one of my most recommended hosts that I use. It just works.

Cheers!

• andyGBandyGB Member

I suppose it depends on which machine you are on.

My VPS crashed and the SolumVM couldn't reboot or re-install anything. I raised several tickets with BHost and didn't get a reply, still haven't. In addition there is a fault with OpenVZ where if you use a "reboot" command in linux, the machine instantly goes down and doesn't come back. Again raised this and they were stilling looking into it days after.

I requested a refund which was processed.
    I'll be moving on from here.

My opinion is BHost as rubbish, wouldn't recommend.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am pretty sure things will improve now there is additional staff on board, hang in there.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2013

@andyGB did you ever e-mail them as requested earlier in this thread? They said they were having support problems, they were pretty up front about that. I believe they told you in the mean time if there was an issue that wasn't being handled to contact the management directly and they would resolve it for you. Also, if they gave you a refund then they obviously didn't ignore all your tickets. Were you polite in your ticket? Just as a refresher, even if you were indeed polite and patient with them, you may wish to read, "How to contact support properly."

Cheers!

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Hi guys,

I just wanted to invite everyone who has had a bad experience in this thread to come back to us and experience BHost again. We have put lots of effort into improving our support processes. Everyone who has had a bad experience - please email [email protected] and we'll give you a free trial to prove this.

As has been mentioned above, our nodes have had remarkable stability. We were quite sad recently having to upgrade our host node OSes, requiring the first reboot of some nodes in over a year and half.

As mentioned, we are absolutely committed to customer satisfaction. If you're ever having any issues, and are not happy with ticket response times, just email [email protected] and that will come straight through to me.

Thanks

Nick

• trexostrexos Member
    edited December 2013

@BHost said:
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to invite everyone who has had a bad experience in this thread to come back to us and experience BHost again. We have put lots of effort into improving our support processes. Everyone who has had a bad experience - please email [email protected] and we'll give you a free trial to prove this.

As has been mentioned above, our nodes have had remarkable stability. We were quite sad recently having to upgrade our host node OSes, requiring the first reboot of some nodes in over a year and half.

As mentioned, we are absolutely committed to customer satisfaction. If you're ever having any issues, and are not happy with ticket response times, just email [email protected] and that will come straight through to me.

Thanks

Nick

Possible to get such a free trial for interested users as well?

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited December 2013

trexos said: Possible to get such a free trial for interested users as well?

Don't be a ...

• PatsPats Member
    edited January 2014

BHost said: straight through to me

Nick, i think it doesn't come but 'passes' straight through you... atleast for me its like that..