Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Socks5 proxy setup?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Socks5 proxy setup?

Domin43Domin43 Member
edited October 2016 in Help

I'm having mixed results in google so LET is the next best thing. Do you know of any good guides that shows you how to setup a commercial setup of SocksV5 proxies with user authentication with full logs? I'm looking to re-sell these on the cheap too.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited October 2016

@Domin43 said:
    I'm having mixed results in google so LET is the next best thing. Do you know of any good guides that shows you how to setup a commercial setup of SocksV5 proxies with user authentication with full logs? I'm looking to re-sell these on the cheap too.

So, you came here looking for someone to point you to someone / something else to hold your hands through setting up a service that you have no knowledge of, but still intend to sell and make money off it?

Mad props for the ambition. Good luck to your prospective clients, and to you with this project. You are both going to need it.

Thanked by 2rm_ ricardo
  • @K4Y5 said:

@Domin43 said:

So, you came here looking for someone to point you to someone / something else to hold your hands through setting up a service that you have no knowledge of, but still intend to sell and make money off it?

Mad props for the ambition. Good luck to your prospective clients, and to you with this project. You are both going to need it.

Just point me to a guide and I will worry about everything else. Stop being a dick k4y5

• 3proxy works fine and is simple.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • @Domin43 said:

@K4Y5 said:

@Domin43 said:

Just point me to a guide and I will worry about everything else. Stop being a dick logical and reasonable k4y5

I corrected the mistake for you

• You need to level up your Google-Fu then.

• 3proxy is good, still lacking IPv6 support AFAIK. Got it on 250 VPS for internal use... anyone want to rent, 0.01$ perennially.....

• I configurd danted...it was rather easy :-)

• @noaman said:
    I configurd danted...it was rather easy :-)

last time I looked into configuring dante it looked complex, the syntax was almost incomprehensible.

I was trying to set up 4x instances of it, each routing traffic out a different IP though

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Recently discovered srelay, it's the best SOCKS proxy ever, extremely simple to set up, also fast and reliable. But dunno how well it integrates into your entire "teach me how to charge you for something I don't even understand" endeavour.

Thanked by 1TWo
  • rm_ said: Recently discovered srelay

Supports Username/Password authentication in v5 (not recommended).

Why? The standard is not secure and plaintext but it is still auth....

• palme34palme34 Member

@rm_ said:
    Recently discovered srelay, it's the best SOCKS proxy ever, extremely simple to set up, also fast and reliable. But dunno how well it integrates into your entire "teach me how to charge you for something I don't even understand" endeavour.

Do you have a tutorial?