Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Counter Strike 1.6 - Help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Counter Strike 1.6 - Help

I have a soyoustart GAME-1 plan.

setup just 3 server cs 1.6

27015 = works fine
27016 = works for some and does work for some? why?

when i asked soyoustart helpdesk they said they don't block it. But the server is running on 27016 , i can connect but pakistan users can't they complain server is not responding whereas they can connect 27015 just fine without any issues. which means the IP is not blocked by their respective ISP.

Ay advise or suggestion what can be done to troubleshoot this kind of network related problems ?

Thanks

Comments

• use another port? maybe 27016 is restricted anyhow in pakistan at all?

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited October 2016

https://post4vps.com/thread-256.html

heres a setup guide i case you like to read

is the firewall activated on your vps?

and right configured?

• well its strange why ports are not work.

• I wouldn't generally recommend using the port +1 spacing since the engine trips over itself most of the time. I would recommend spacing them by +5 and you can use ports that are lower then 27015 you aren't restricted to just the 27xxx port.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

What @DrFallen said, use 5 Ports space between each of them, but also try to bind the rest of the Ports not just the PlayerPort.

+port 27015 +clientport 27016 +tv_port 27017 should fix it.

• jlayjlay Member
    edited October 2016

See if they can connect to a service like portquiz.net on 27016 using telnet/netcat. It's possible the port is being filtered outbound on the users connection.

• i figured out , i had to add port under game mitigation and it worked

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

You said you have a GAME server with them, GAME systems are behind their game firewall that blocks UDP. Did you add a filter for "Halflife/source" for the other ports in the SYS control panel? (IPs > Game firewall)

• yes :) exactly i did what u said and now all ports are functional.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

You trying to connect Pakistani players with canada based servers ? I wonder what ping they getting .

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Oh Correction they have presence in EU as well. But why not singapore?