Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potential request: KVM for small Emby server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Potential request: KVM for small Emby server

2»

Comments

• @MikeA said:
    off topic.. but how do you like Emby compared to Plex? I've never used Emby, only Plex. Anyways I run a Plex server for my home and there's a 70-ish ms delay, never have buffering problems but I don't transcode.

If 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD (E3v3) for $12 in Gravelines is fine send me a PM.

I''be looked at Emby before but never really used it in anger, so that's what this is about really, giving it a proper test to see how it compares.

Client-wise, it's not as ubiquitous as Plex, but all it really needs are some console versions and it's getting pretty damn close.

Thanks for the offer, will get back to you via PM if I decide to go for it.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Nekki does it have to be KVM or are you opened to other virtualization solutions ?

• @Ikoula said:
    @Nekki does it have to be KVM or are you opened to other virtualization solutions ?

Xen would be fine I guess. Not OpenVZ though.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2016

In that case would you test our Cloud ?

Locations in EU : France, Germany, Netherlands.

Cloudstack + xen https://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

Host2vps (also xen based) https://www.host2vps.com

If you want to give it a shot i can provide a coupon code with 15€ credit on Host2vps.

Then if you wish to continu to use the service i may able to do something for you.

• @Ikoula said:
    In that case would you test our Cloud ?

Locations in EU : France, Germany, Netherlands.

Cloudstack + xen https://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

Host2vps (also xen based) https://www.host2vps.com

If you want to give it a shot i can provide a coupon code with 15€ credit on Host2vps.

Then if you wish to continu to use the service i may able to do something for you.

TBH, looking at the prices it'd be more cost effective to go for a KS-3C if I wanted to run for more than 1 month. Any discount would need to be massive, so let's not go there.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited October 2016

You can look at our KVM HDD Limited plan - though only 1917 passmark of a single core.

EDIT: actually 1994 passmark with KVM SSD plan.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2016

We have this Flexible plan (KVM), where CPU and bandwidth are charged based on usage:

This is on dual L5639 nodes though, the single thread PassMark rating is only 1125 (but above 2000 is pretty rare).

Edit: sorry, I missed the Europe requirement, currently this is only available in Toronto.

Thanked by 2Four20 yomero
  • @exception0x876 said:
    You can look at our KVM HDD Limited plan - though only 1917 passmark of a single core.

EDIT: actually 1994 passmark with KVM SSD plan.

Thanks for the offer but I have no idea who you are or what your website is.

Before you say 'it's in my sig', I can't see it.

@perennate said:
    We have this Flexible plan (KVM), where CPU and bandwidth are charged based on usage:

This is on dual L5639 nodes though, the single thread PassMark rating is only 1125 (but above 2000 is pretty rare).

Edit: sorry, I missed the Europe requirement, currently this is only available in Toronto.

Toronto might just be workable, and I believe I still have some credit with you. If nothing elsewhere e I'll probably spin one of those up and give it a whirl for something, if not the Emby server.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Nekki said: Thanks for the offer but I have no idea who you are or what your website is.

Before you say 'it's in my sig', I can't see it.

It is wishosting.com

• exception0x876 said: It is wishosting.com

Right - seems a reasonable offer, but the balance isn't right for me.

I'd prefer half/quarter of the HDD and an extra CPU, an this was kind of the point of this thread, to get custom offers because standard plans don't really fit my needs.

• Last call for anyone with goodies to offer...

• Got something from ImpactVPS recently, not sure what you're looking to spend though...

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2016

isaacl said: Got something from ImpactVPS recently, not sure what you're looking to spend though...

No budget in mind, but Impact are in the US, so out of the question.

• Whoops, sorry.

Good luck with finding something!

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

What about your own share of an Emby server?

• @pbgben said:

The point of the exercise of to setup, play about with and possibly break an Emby server, so sharing probably isn't the right approach for me.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@pbgben said:

The point of the exercise of to setup, play about with and possibly break an Emby server, so sharing probably isn't the right approach for me.

No hentai for me :(

• @pbgben said:

@Nekki said:

@pbgben said:

No hentai for me :(

If you want that shit I can help you out.

Thanked by 1pbgben