Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone from DediStation ?? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone from DediStation ??

2»

Comments

• @linuxthefish anything to say ? Or all clients should make paypal claims or something to get back the money they have spent.

• LeeLee Veteran

To be honest here anyone who was a frequent poster until recently and has been logged in during the last couple of days is clearly avoiding explaining or dealing with whatever issues there are.

It would appear the best thing to do is move before it all folds and you have no backups.

Thanked by 1sin
  • Lee said: It would appear the best thing to do is move before it all folds and you have no backups.

Could've not said it better Lee.

It's obvious he is avoiding this.

• PayPal dispute sent..

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited October 2016

unfortunately I've got more pressing issues right now sorry guys, but no chance of deadpool.

My fault entirely for not organising things better but should be coming back tonormal within next week :-)

• LeeLee Veteran

linuxthefish said: more pressing issues right now sorry guys

More pressing than paying customers issues, well OK then, carry on..

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • linuxthefish said: unfortunately I've got more pressing issues right now sorry guys, but no chance of deadpool.

My fault entirely for not organising things better but should be coming back tonormal within next week :-)

Very unprofessional...

• JordanJordan Member
    edited October 2016

@Lee said:

linuxthefish said: more pressing issues right now sorry guys

More pressing than paying customers issues, well OK then, carry on..

@Foul said:

linuxthefish said: unfortunately I've got more pressing issues right now sorry guys, but no chance of deadpool.

Very unprofessional...

Don't be so inconsiderate. How do you know what's happening with his life behind the scenes? What if he's ill or in poor health? Should he still prioritise the business?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Jordan said:
    Don't be so inconsiderate. How do you know what's happening with his life behind the scenes? What if he's ill or in poor health? Should he still prioritise the business?

Do you mean the whole DediStation is "one man show"?

• @Jarry said:

@Jordan said:

Do you mean the whole DediStation is "one man show"?

Not necessarily, but often things don't get done if management is absent for what ever reason.

• Jordan said: Don't be so inconsiderate. How do you know what's happening with his life behind the scenes? What if he's ill or in poor health? Should he still prioritize the business?

How is it inconsiderate when he deliberately comes here and read comments and chooses to ignore them, it's unprofessional from a standpoint to leave customers standing in the wind for almost two weeks.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2016

Jordan said: Don't be so inconsiderate. How do you know what's happening with his life behind the scenes? What if he's ill or in poor health? Should he still prioritise the business?

So you think given the age of this thread, the issues seen, that he has been logged in a reading the thread that this is a reasonable response. Ended with a smiley face.

linuxthefish said: unfortunately I've got more pressing issues right now sorry guys, but no chance of deadpool.

Even more so, this was way back on the 18th October:

Ishaq said: Edmund has been replying to me. I'll let him know about this topic

Maybe he does have personal issues, in that case a:

"Really sorry everyone, had some unexpected personal issues to work through, going to take 2-3 weeks, I am trying to get through all tickets and issues as quickly as possible".

Or

"Yeah, on holiday for a couple of weeks, fuck you all until I get back".

Neither is great however both give everyone a clear sit rep and folks can then decide whether to wait it out or move.

The response given was, whether intentional or not appeared to show him as an arrogant asshole, maybe you relate to that which is why you jumped to defend.

Bottom line, when you take peoples money, they don't need to know or be made to feel guilty if a person's cat or gran died, whether they are ill or whatever. They need to deliver a service, the one you advertise no matter what blows you get dealt.

Thanked by 2Foul MikeA
  • Great points Lee.

• Even if it was a sanity problem, would be fine to announce something, to send a message, to ensure customers that all things are alright.. but no, my tickets and others are on hold, all problems with his company are on hold, he responds randomly or preferentially, and he is sorry.. LOL.
    I should say to my clients i am sorry too, right ?

• JordanJordan Member
    edited November 2016

@Lee said:

Jordan said: Don't be so inconsiderate. How do you know what's happening with his life behind the scenes? What if he's ill or in poor health? Should he still prioritise the business?

So you think given the age of this thread, the issues seen, that he has been logged in a reading the thread that this is a reasonable response. Ended with a smiley face.

Even more so, this was way back on the 18th October:

Ishaq said: Edmund has been replying to me. I'll let him know about this topic

Maybe he does have personal issues, in that case a:

"Really sorry everyone, had some unexpected personal issues to work through, going to take 2-3 weeks, I am trying to get through all tickets and issues as quickly as possible".

Or

"Yeah, on holiday for a couple of weeks, fuck you all until I get back".

Neither is great however both give everyone a clear sit rep and folks can then decide whether to wait it out or move.

The response given was, whether intentional or not appeared to show him as an arrogant asshole, maybe you relate to that which is why you jumped to defend.

Bottom line, when you take peoples money, they don't need to know or be made to feel guilty if a person's cat or gran died, whether they are ill or whatever. They need to deliver a service, the one you advertise no matter what blows you get dealt.

If you think a comment like that points to an "arrogant asshole", you really have no clue. You only showed yourself to be one really.

Bottom line is he reassured people he is still here, he is not ignoring you, that should be the end of it. He has more pressing issues, so he's hardly gonna give you a sermon about what is going to be done.

There are just more important things in life that come above making whingers like Lee satisfied. As long as the tickets are being dealt with behind the scenes, then whingers on LET needn't worry. I wouldn't want to come here and reassure you if I just get called an asshole either. I have better customers to attend.

• LeeLee Veteran

Jordan said: As long as the tickets are being dealt with behind the scenes

But they are not you idiot.

• JordanJordan Member
    edited November 2016

@Lee said:

Jordan said: As long as the tickets are being dealt with behind the scenes

But they are not you idiot.

I beg to differ. Do you think calling me an idiot adds to your argument? Or just makes you look immature?

• @Jordan said:
    Bottom line is he reassured people he is still here, he is not ignoring you

vps I payed for is not running for at least 2 weeks, support ticked is not answered (except for standard auto-reply bullshit "we are looking into issue") and you say he is not ignoring us? Then I wonder what the difference would be if he was ignoring us...

• LeeLee Veteran

Jordan said: I beg to differ. Do you think calling me an idiot adds to your argument? Or just makes you look immature?

You make yourself look incredibly stupid in a thread full of complaints implying you're right and everyone else is wrong. Carry on son.

• @Lee said:

Jordan said: I beg to differ. Do you think calling me an idiot adds to your argument? Or just makes you look immature?

You make yourself look incredibly stupid in a thread full of complaints implying you're right and everyone else is wrong. Carry on son.

You're putting words in my mouth, carry on son.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Jordan said:

@Lee said:

You're putting words in my mouth, carry on son.

How about you let this thread be about the clients that have issues, you are another provider and have no connection here, you are not in a position to chime in. Paying clients are the focus here, not you.

I know you want to play the who will hang up first game as you always do so I will save you some face and stop replying to you. I am more interested in the issues here.

• apidevlabapidevlab Member
    edited November 2016

@Jarry said:

That was ~3 days ago. No message since then, and VPS still not running. Seems to me another great hoster is heading to deadpool. VPS not running for more than week is bad even for LEB...

Same with me, a box went down over 4days ago :( and now indeed in the same boat as others. Lucky these are just LET deal's so no point in blowing a gasket but the opinion above is reserved to does describe how I feel.

UPDATE:2/11/16 my box is back online :)

• Yea dedistation has kind of taken a dump lately. It is sad that what was once my best budget box has turned into this GVH shitshow. Even now that it sucks, I'm confident that Linux will fix this and get it all sorted out. Just sucks that I've had to migrate all my personal projects to servers that are actually up more often than not.