Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows that bench? :) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hows that bench? :)

2»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2016

@Advicerxyz said:
    their kvm 12 vcore ? i dont belive it.. its seems they kvm its openvz also

With their "Rootserver" which would equal the definition of KVM in this case you can install your own Linux Kernel + you can install Windows on it. So I doubt it's OVZ.

Edit:
    Pretty sure something was not correct with the Server. I asked them to check on the Disk issue and the server itself as it was behaving laggy in Putty aswell. Ultimately it got stuck in re-install queue so I thought Id rather contact them to fix this, then re-run the benches.
    I've used them in the past and never had any issues which is why I want to believe that it's just a one time thing but one never knows how companies change. Anyway will report back after this has been attended to.

• Having a read from their site their "V-Servers" are OpenVZ including this offer, If you opt for the root servers which don't appear on the site? It appears to be KVM. Maybe they refer to them as their individual servers.

That 3k benchmark does seem pretty low considering though.

• Ympker said: Installing lib32 didnt work :P

What's not working?

Sounds like your access to the cpu is throttled severely.

• @FredQc said:

Ympker said: Installing lib32 didnt work :P

What's not working?

Sounds like your access to the cpu is throttled severely.

They just reported back that everything is running "just fine".
    I guess that's that. Seems like they are not anymore what I remembered them to be. Sad story. Will be running Geekbench prolly tomorrow just to make sure..
    Wont be renewing though.

• LeeLee Veteran

FredQc said: Sounds like your access to the cpu is throttled severely.

Shocked

Thanked by 3MikeA FredQc Hxxx
  • @Lee said:

FredQc said: Sounds like your access to the cpu is throttled severely.

Shocked

Thanks, I laughed :P

Thanked by 3Hxxx Lee Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    Just a quick headsup:
    Somehow cant get Geekbench to work (says it is not a .sh script; never used it before).
    And https://github.com/K4Y5/ServerBench stops after 5 speedtest locations for some reason. Any other benches I could run?

Btw. I contacted them and while their Servers are located in OVH Datacenters they are saying they are having their very own HW in there. No OVH rented Dedis. They do use their Anti DDoS Infrastructure though I think.

Always makes me laugh when a company says they use OVH but have their own hardware there...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@AshleyUk said:

@Ympker said:
    Just a quick headsup:
    Somehow cant get Geekbench to work (says it is not a .sh script; never used it before).
    And https://github.com/K4Y5/ServerBench stops after 5 speedtest locations for some reason. Any other benches I could run?

Btw. I contacted them and while their Servers are located in OVH Datacenters they are saying they are having their very own HW in there. No OVH rented Dedis. They do use their Anti DDoS Infrastructure though I think.

Always makes me laugh when a company says they use OVH but have their own hardware there...

OVH has colocation in FR, but it is basically stupid to do with how cheap their actual rented servers are and the cost of their colo.

But yeah.. claiming own hardware when a quick traceroute can tell otherwise is just dumb.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Back when I was with them they had servers in Germany so I think that's when they acctually still had own HW. Probably not anymore...

• Ympker said: And https://github.com/K4Y5/ServerBench stops after 5 speedtest locations for some reason.

it probably didn't stop but experiences a very slow download from .sg or .in or whatever is in sixth position in the bench. overall this script may take a long time depending on the speeds to several locations far away ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker