Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone with some spare / old / unused boxes in Dacentec / Centrilogic, Lenoir?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone with some spare / old / unused boxes in Dacentec / Centrilogic, Lenoir?

Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Does anyone here have some spare or unused servers located inside Dacentec / Centrilogic, Lenoir that they are looking to sell?

Specifications do not matter a lot as long as they have at least 8GB of RAM and 1HDD. We are looking to pick up a few boxes for some test environments and other "non-production" client servers.

The servers will be moved to our racks.

Comments

• Tried ebay for some cheap crap?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Host4Geeks We have a few SuperMicro Dual L5420 systems that we are going to be pulling out of service in Atlanta, but could be easily shipped to Dacentec. Probably in the neighborhood of 35-50 systems. Interested?

• @OpticalSwoosh said:
    Tried ebay for some cheap crap?

Amazon have better crap

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

@qps Was just trying to avoid the whole shipping ordeal. Would you be so kind as to share the inventory sheet along with the prices? If I don't find any within the facility, Atlanta is not very far.

• @Host4Geeks said:
    Does anyone here have some spare or unused servers located inside Dacentec / Centrilogic, Lenoir that they are looking to sell?

Specifications do not matter a lot as long as they have at least 8GB of RAM and 1HDD. We are looking to pick up a few boxes for some test environments and other "non-production" client servers.

The servers will be moved to our racks.

Question, why don't you order directly from Dacentec?

zafouhar said: Question, why don't you order directly from Dacentec?

I have already had a word with our Account Manager at Centrilogic, they are not really looking to sell any hardware at this moment.

• @Host4Geeks said:

zafouhar said: Question, why don't you order directly from Dacentec?

I have already had a word with our Account Manager at Centrilogic, they are not really looking to sell any hardware at this moment.

I actually mean order from their site the RTO servers :) since they will become your's in 12 months

zafouhar said: I actually mean order from their site the RTO servers :) since they will become your's in 12 months

Does not make a lot of sense commercially for us.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Host4Geeks - 32 of the systems are the 4-bay hotswap SuperMicro Dual Xeon L5420 with 16GB RAM per system. The others are the 2-bay fixed SuperMicro Dual Xeon L5420, currently no RAM installed, but I can get some RAM for them if needed. Motherboard is the X7DCA-L.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Host4Geeks : We have just upgraded our hardware at dacentec so we have several idle servers now. Feel free to drop me a PM if you still need them. Most of these servers are Dual L5420 or Dual L5140 with 16GB RAM.