Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor Questions, Help Me Free or Get Hired
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor Questions, Help Me Free or Get Hired

Hello,

I have a server and this server is both master & slave.

i installed Virtualizor KVM following this guide: http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Install_KVM

But it seems that i can't add server:

How to solve it ?

Do i need to install Master instead of KVM: http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Install_Master_Server ?

Note: I want to create KVM VPS.

Now please help me for free or i can pay a small amount for this work ...

Thanks.

Comments

• Out of interest, why Virtualizor? It's not great software.

A slave with only work if you have a master to link it to. If this is the only server and it is standalone, it is your master.

• @VortexMagnus said:
    Out of interest, why Virtualizor? It's not great software.

A slave with only work if you have a master to link it to. If this is the only server and it is standalone, it is your master.

That means i can't create VPS on master server like SolusVM do ?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@StevenGeorge said:
    Hello,

I have a server and this server is both master & slave.

i installed Virtualizor KVM following this guide: http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Install_KVM

But it seems that i can't add server:

How to solve it ?

Do i need to install Master instead of KVM: http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Install_Master_Server ?

Note: I want to create KVM VPS.

Now please help me for free or i can pay a small amount for this work ...

Thanks.

Are you trying to add a slave server?

@StevenGeorge said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    Out of interest, why Virtualizor? It's not great software.

That means i can't create VPS on master server like SolusVM do ?

Yes you can, the method you are trying in your pics mean you are trying to add another server/slave instead of creating a vm.

• @AlbaHost said:

They suggested adding storage just after installation, when i try to add storage it ask me to select server group or server ... now when i select Default group or localhost it don't let me add storage, it shows

Server ID : 0 Error : The Volume Group Doesn't Exist

So i tried to add a server group and then add a server to the group, but as i mentioned before i wasn't able to add master server as slave server :(

Please suggest me what should i do ?

Thanks.

@StevenGeorge said:

@AlbaHost said:

They suggested adding storage just after installation, when i try to add storage it ask me to select server group or server ... now when i select Default group or localhost it don't let me add storage, it shows

Server ID : 0 Error : The Volume Group Doesn't Exist

So i tried to add a server group and then add a server to the group, but as i mentioned before i wasn't able to add master server as slave server :(

Please suggest me what should i do ?

Thanks.

Have you followed this part: http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Volume_Groups

If yes then you should know your volume group.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

All virtualizor servers are both slaves and masters at the same time, either way its a bit of a messy setup, you are best of contact virtualizor support though either way.

• Contacted their support. They always set it up for me happily and for free :)

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited October 2016

@Ympker said:
    Contacted their support. They always set it up for me happily and for free :)

It is nice, except the "root password" thingy. This was the point when my experience with Virtualizor came to its end.

• @exception0x876 said:

@Ympker said:
    Contacted their support. They always set it up for me happily and for free :)

It is nice, except the "root password" thingy. This was the point when my experience with Virtualizor came to its end.

I dont mind as I will change root pw and disable root login after setup anyway.

• @StevenGeorge Please open ticket with us at support at virtualizor.com.
    This error occurs when you try to add the server which is already a Slave or was a Slave and forcefully removed from master.
    Please open a ticket and we will resolve your issue in few minutes Or you can add us on Skype. Our ID is : virtualizor

• @AnthonySmith said:
    All virtualizor servers are both slaves and masters at the same time, either way its a bit of a messy setup, you are best of contact virtualizor support though either way.

Once a slave, you can't login to the Slave and create a VPS. You need to do everything from the master.

Also if you were to remove the slave from one master and make it a standalone server its possible with Virtualizor as compared to other competitors.

edited October 2016

virtualizor said: Also if you were to remove the slave from one master and make it a standalone server its possible with Virtualizor as compared to other competitors.

That is more by accident than design though because virtualizor did not start its life as a real master/slave environment.

Do you know how many times I have needed to or even though it would be useful to have the entire solusvm stack exposed and available on a slave? 0

I just opened up the virtualizor admin demo so I could show you exactly what I mean regarding the first part, but you have the admin demo setup with the slave and the master being the same host i.e. no real master/salve setup so I cant.

I tried but simply enabling ploop and clicking save gives the following error:
    The following errors were found :
    Tasks duration was not specified

Which relates to nothing.

Using the demo again reminded me of what a complete mess of a layout the whole this is.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • That is more by accident than design though because virtualizor did not start its life as a real master/slave environment.

Incorrect. It was designed that way. Although we started it as individual server panel, capability to handle this was thought before the first version launch.
    Did you know that SolusVM also does all tasks performed on a slave by making API calls ?
    So how does it matter if you have or not have Web Access on the slave ? Its an added feature. If you are not comfortable with it, we can give you a method to disable it.
    No one ever asked for it and neither did you when you were using it.

Using the demo again reminded me of what a complete mess of a layout the whole this is.

The Demo is a UI reference. It doesnt have all functionality. You dont have to login into our demo ! And that is understood by every user.

Sigh.... You will never "get it" much like when I used virtualizor, it was like smacking my head in to a brick wall.

Ok conversation over.

• Sigh.... You will never "get it" much like when I used virtualizor, it was like smacking my head in to a brick wall.

We dont want to get into any meaningless conversation.
    We do our best to update our software and add features requested by clients as well as fixing bugs.
    We see good growth in our number of clients and we are happy with that.
    Over the years we have seen many panels come and go by.
    All the best with the current bugs in SolusVM. You yourself have said in other threads of how "happy" (sarcasm intended) you are with them.

virtualizor said: You yourself have said in other threads of how "happy" (sarcasm intended) you are with them.

Well yes, it is full of issues, but I don't see virtualizor as a viable alternative.

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: I don't see virtualizor as a viable alternative.

What do you see as a viable alternative?

Eased said: What do you see as a viable alternative?

At this stage, nothing.

I don't mean there is no alternative software, I mean for someone already using solusvm, there are no better options, and that makes me very sad, obviously onapp is an option but why would anyone put their trust in the company that has essentially killed solusvm for the last 2+ years to begin with.

• AnthonySmith said: obviously onapp is an option but why would anyone put their trust in the company that has essentially killed solusvm for the last 2+ years to begin with.

Pretty sure their intention was always to let Solus slowly die . . . obviously they aren't going to do to the same thing with their own software. I think the issue is more one of price than "trust".

Microlinux said: I think the issue is more one of price than "trust".

could be right, although the fact that 2 years later they have no migration path to OnApp means they are not looking to convert the solusvm market so they have no reason to kill it and less reason to spend all that money on killing it.