Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Solved] Dedicated Server Required (budget $30/m)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Solved] Dedicated Server Required (budget $30/m)

JRTechJRTech Member
edited October 2016 in Requests

Hello

I am looking for Dedicated Server. My requirement is similar to Nocix

or WHoleSaleInternet

It seems they are out of stock.

If anyone have similar offer, that would be great.

Note: SSD is a must, Payment PayPal only, Location US / Europe.

Thanks. I've got the server.

Comments

• Are Nocix not just reselling WSI servers? They're in the same location and matched specs, but I've never heard of them, maybe it's just coincidence.

• @VortexMagnus said:
    Are Nocix not just reselling WSI servers? They're in the same location and matched specs, but I've never heard of them, maybe it's just coincidence.

nocix = datashack rebrand

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    Are Nocix not just reselling WSI servers? They're in the same location and matched specs, but I've never heard of them, maybe it's just coincidence.

nocix = datashack rebrand

Oh, I see.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited October 2016

If you're not hard pressed on 16GB ram and can live with just 8GB then the Joe's Datacenter deal on LEB works out at $30 per month with an ssd upgrade but the down side is that only the 120gb ssd is in your budget.

Link here

• iirc delimiter has some cheap dual 5420's on yearly plans available still.

(inb4 who)

• Wouldn't recommend delimiter. Got one idling as I don't feel comfortable with them.

• JRTechJRTech Member
    edited October 2016

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I forgot to mention that 8GB is OK. Thank you for your recommendation, I'll check it.

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider

Is the 240GB SSD a must or is 120GB doable if you get an upgrade to 24GB RAM?

• @Dedispec
    RAM 8GB is more than enough actually. Yes, it is a must, I would choose Disk size 240GB SSD rather than RAM.

• @JRTech said:
    @IThinkUFailed said:
    I forgot to mention that 8GB is OK. Thank you for your recommendation, I'll check it.

I'll keep my eye out for you and if I find anything that would fit I'll post a link here for you.

How much bandwidth do you think you'll need?

@qps might be able to offer something for you.

Thanked by 1qps
  • If 120GB SSD is sufficient for you and you are willing to pay annually, you should look up Delimiter, it's $200/yr. They seem to be out of stock on the E5420s with SSDs on the website, so you may want to email sales to try your luck.

• Thank you guys, someone emailed me and I've just placed an order with them.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@JRTech said:
    Thank you guys, someone emailed me and I've just placed an order with them.

Who did you end up going with?