Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Windows VPS to create 30-50 VPS servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Windows VPS to create 30-50 VPS servers

Need Dedicated Windows server with like 50-60 GB RAM, where I can create 20-30 VPS with -1-2 GB each Per VPS.

Basically, I need something like where I will be having the admin to control all my VPS servers- to reboot, terminate, launch fresh VPS anytime.

Also, If I launch fresh VPS, my public and private IP should change everytime.

VPS is required for general surfing. So no heavy software/memory required for each VPS.

But each VPS should have windows already installed with them.

Looking for Cheap solution as I am on budget.

Comments

• VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited October 2016

There is no cheap solution for licensing this many VPS'.

You can run a SolusVM setup with a master & one massive slave, this is a setup we do for many customers doing things like this. But you're going to need a Windows DC License which basically allows you to run unlimited Windows VPS on that one server. You can expect to pay around $100/month just for this licence.

Then a 64GB RAM Server, expect to be paying $150ish or more for, maybe less if you look at people like OVH (maybe). So when you say cheap, are you prepared to pay $250/month?

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited October 2016

VortexMagnus said: Then a 64GB RAM Server, expect to be paying $150ish

Is that with enough IP, storage and decent bandwidth to run his whole operation?

• You could use proxmox to do this. No cost there. As above you'd want a license to run them VMs.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

If you want better IP cycling then a vps host might be a better option, especially if they have a M$ DC license

• @seriesn said:

Is that with enough IP, storage and decent bandwidth to run his whole operation?

Nope, that's before you add the IP's. Which is where it'll get expensive.

Disk and bandwidth, I'd say so.

Some things, you shouldn't do on a budget. Virtualization is one of them. You either do it right, or not at all.

• Yeap 100%

And judging above specs OP is looking to spend about roughly 350-450 a month if not more for something with a decent network. Plus that ip switch requirements, honestly getting individual cloud instance on the go would become more reliable solution. > @VortexMagnus said:

@seriesn said:

Nope, that's before you add the IP's. Which is where it'll get expensive.

Disk and bandwidth, I'd say so.

Some things, you shouldn't do on a budget. Virtualization is one of them. You either do it right, or not at all.

• If you can settle for a kvm bpd instead of a dedicated.

Get 30 kvm slices from @Francisco around 105 a month. And you can manage all from stallion.

• is it for TE or somehing ? sounds fishy, no offense.

• @Foul I like your offer. Can you elaborate more? What I understood is that I will get 30 VPS servers for $105 per month? What are the spec? and all in one management from the admin?

Also, what about the IP switch?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

No one's going to rotate you ip space on the fly.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Harambe GCat Foul
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't know about you, but this smells.

• I'll happily set this up for you, and provide you with this and rotating ips, just be aware there will be a required down payment of $1000 as a security deposit, and assuming you're using the IPs for legal things only, $15 per IP and $5 IP change fee, with proper justification

• ok don't rotate the ip's. Now whats the price?

• DBADBA Member
    edited October 2016

With Windows Server 2016 there are also Windows Server Containers (think OpenVZ style VM) in addition to Hyper-V Containers (think KVM/VMWare style VM). The former only needs the Standard edition while the latter needs the Datacenter edition for unlimited VMs.

• What are you doing with them?

Am I going to have to deal with a blacklisted subnet in your first month, or?

• VPS is required for general surfing.

TE confirmed

@DBA said:
    With Windows Server 2016 there are also Windows Server Containers (think OpenVZ style VM) in addition to Hyper-V Containers (think KVM/VMWare style VM). The former only needs the Standard edition while the latter needs the Datacenter edition for unlimited VMs.

AFAIK no ones allowed to offer Windows Server 2016 for VPS/dedicated servers, or at least that's what i've seen around. I'm still waiting for Karen to make sense of the new licensing to see for sure.

Francisco

@Francisco said:
    No one's going to rotate you ip space on the fly.

I know scaleway "Allows" this, Just spin up a machine before shutting down the last to get a new IP and then remove the IP after destroying the machine. Not Windows tho and OP is blatantly into TE.

@Francisco said:

@DBA said:

AFAIK no ones allowed to offer Windows Server 2016 for VPS/dedicated servers, or at least that's what i've seen around. I'm still waiting for Karen to make sense of the new licensing to see for sure.

Francisco

That's Interesting, I've not heard this about 2016, do you have a link to this as we're working on moving our 2012R2 customers to 2016 soon.

Thanks

Thanked by 1doughmanes
    edited October 2016

pbgben said: That's Interesting, I've not heard this about 2016, do you have a link to this as we're working on moving our 2012R2 customers to 2016 soon.

I'm mostly going by that i've yet to see a single host offering 2016 to their clients and the few hosts I know that do offer Windows stuff are all scratching their heads over licensing, etc.

Francisco

• @doughmanes said:

VPS is required for general surfing.

TE confirmed

TE = traffic exchange?

• Yeah

@Francisco said:

pbgben said: That's Interesting, I've not heard this about 2016, do you have a link to this as we're working on moving our 2012R2 customers to 2016 soon.

I'm mostly going by that i've yet to see a single host offering 2016 to their clients and the few hosts I know that do offer Windows stuff are all scratching their heads over it.

Francisco

Fair enough, As a SPLA and Partner we've had no issues just paying for the licencing. You need to update your licencing servers to 2016 first though, this is a "Big" change for many Hosts I guess and no real push for it.

• @martin22 said:
    Need Dedicated Windows server with like 50-60 GB RAM, where I can create 20-30 VPS with -1-2 GB each Per VPS.

Basically, I need something like where I will be having the admin to control all my VPS servers- to reboot, terminate, launch fresh VPS anytime.

Also, If I launch fresh VPS, my public and private IP should change everytime.

VPS is required for general surfing. So no heavy software/memory required for each VPS.

But each VPS should have windows already installed with them.

Looking for Cheap solution as I am on budget.

if it help here is my suggestion use windows 2012 r2 trial , it will save you hassle of license cost for a year(max 360 days). hope that helps.