Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which big box vps would you rather have?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which big box vps would you rather have?

I have a project in which I may need one large vertical scale box. Price is not too much an issue, so I wanted to get your opinion.

Out of the following options what would you rather have for a year, and why? (if it was given to you for free) assume 20 TB transfer on all (also included for free)

Thanks

-Adam

a) AWS EC2 m4.10xlarge 160GB Ram 40vcores (with some ESB thrown in)

b) Linode 120GB RAM 20 Cores

c) DO 224GB RAM 32cores

d) Vultr 65536MB RAM 24cores

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Linode or DO. DO would come first though

• DO > Linode > AWS > Vultr imo

• While you didn't provide this as an option, I would pick google compute above them all.

That said, here is my order for the ones you provided: Linode, AWS, DO, Vultr

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2016

Man, you need to fix that d) Vultr option to 65GB or Imma loose my mind.

• Considering the resources assigned to the other options, I'd drop Vultr immediately from the comparison since it just cannot compete - 65GB RAM vs 120GB upwards.

From the remaining options, I would choose AWS over Linode and DO. Reason being that the AWS offerings are less likely to be oversold as they charge premium prices.

• go with DO, use Vultr if little downtime accepted.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Digitalocean. But really I want a VPS in Trump tower.