Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preparing for net dooms day?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Preparing for net dooms day?

niceboyniceboy Veteran
edited April 2013 in General

Hi,

From past 1 week, I'm noticing a large number of port scans on my boxes from mainly chinese ip's(Us, uk, russian ip's are there but limited numbers only). I did block several chinese ip blocks.

if at all they wanted to ddos my box, they could easily take it down. But, they are only port scanning(from around 2-5 ip's a minute), probably to find open unsecured ports/exploits.

Are they searching for larger number of unsecured servers, to have the next dooms day on the net and having a new ddos target set?

Comments

• jhjh Member

Just BAU for them I think

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Port scanning is an all day every day activity. Some malicious, some gathering statistics.

• No, just normal traffic

• danodano Member

Yes, just another day on the net - I haven't noticed an increase per say, but have noticed lately that quite a few "projects" are out there scanning machines for statistical reasons. I think I would be more surprised if I looked one day and didn't see any port scans coming from all over the world to my interfaces.

• Port scanning is an all day every day activity

Yeah, the country we see the most from is the US, followed by Russia, and China. I've never seen any from Nauru though :P

• I get port scanned by the ISS.

• support123support123 Member
    edited April 2013

Do not worry.My inbox always full with port scan blockers logs,so you are not alone

• MunMun Member

Is there a way to block nmap?

• @ftpit said: Do not worry.My inbox always full with port scan blockers logs,so you are not alone

same mine, i block whole countries, like CN, IN, BG, and others.

of course the ones i dont need them to contact me or my services.

• KrisKris Member

ZoneAlarm, bitches.

• @dedicados said: same mine, i block whole countries, like CN, IN, BG, and others.

You get a lot of port scans from BG? That's strange.

• @niceboy +1 James and Jarland and Google recon bots