Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

O365 to Gmail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

O365 to Gmail

Hello, Does anyone know a cheap/free way to import mail from office365 to gmail? I have a free apps account and the import function appears to be disabled :(

Comments

• €50 seems a bit steep

• BochiBochi Member
    edited October 2016

So you basically want to transfer over your mails using IMAP?
    Then you should look at one of the following ones:

/EDIT/
    Is it not possible to simply build the imapsync thing yourself? https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If you have Outlook you could export to pst from O365. Connect to gmail via Imap and import from pst.

Manual but it works

• you can export it to PST and then import PST to gmail. Will have to have fast connection.
    Office 360 Paid version has a beautiful Imap Sync feature that works great, not sure if it works the other way around

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@elofty said:
    Hello, Does anyone know a cheap/free way to import mail from office365 to gmail? I have a free apps account and the import function appears to be disabled :(

How many accounts are we talking about? PM Me.

• @elofty said:
    €50 seems a bit steep

Sorry, years since ive used it, though it still was an free app.
    You can try ImapCopy, seems to do the job.
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/+package/imapcopy

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Feel free to PM me if you need help with this.

• Managed to do it using outlook, Just popped both accounts side by side and copied the list to the other mailbox. Taking an age but its moving :)

Thanked by 1mikho
  • You could of just imported the pst, duplicates can be ignored.

• not that clued up on outlook. I have ost & nst files but no pst's.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited October 2016

you can copy all messages from OST to a PST for storage/backup purpose and then use the PST to import into gmail/outlook/O365 and even import it into Apple Mail or Outlook on Mac OS

• @Bochi said:
    So you basically want to transfer over your mails using IMAP?
    Then you should look at one of the following ones:

/EDIT/
    Is it not possible to simply build the imapsync thing yourself? https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync

Regarding this method: Check this topic

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@elofty said:
    €50 seems a bit steep

Imapsync for Linux is free and available as a package on most distributions. The 50 EUR is for Windows version which also doesn't have a GUI and you have to deal with windows cmd/powershell.

• Perhaps you could use a POP3 connector, so Google Apps would connect to O365 account and download those emails?

• elofty said: Does anyone know a cheap/free way to import mail from office365 to gmail

Forward emails from 0365 to Gmail manually :)

• If you exiting Google Apps account has only 1 domain & less than 10 mail boxes......just upgrade the apps account. You will find migration tool, now import mails from office 365........once the import is done....degrade the GApps.....just ensure that there are less than 10 mailboxes and only 1 Domain.

• How much space is available on gmail GApps?

• 15GB mailbox + 10 GB drive