Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardware raid card
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hardware raid card

What hardware raid card can fit a E5-2670 it has 4 trays 2x2tb sata and 2x1TB ssd the configuration I'm looking for is to use the ssd as the primary storage and the sata as the storage for raid10. As you can see I'm not really server savy but the objective is to have ssd as the primary drives in using raid10 arrays with the sata. If anyone can point me to the correct raid controller I need would be perfect I prefer a new raid card nothing being resold.

Comments

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited October 2016

Which case are you using?

The CPU's in the server have next to no bearing on the RAID card you choose.

You will need an 4 port RAID card + cables.

• X9DRI-LN4F Motherboard.

• Need to know the chassis / case you will be putting everything in.

• Its a 1U 4 bays SC815TQ-563CB

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You cant do RAID-10 with just 2x drives. You can use 4x 2TB SATA or 4x1TB SSD with RAID-10.

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

Derp.

• JarryJarry Member
    edited October 2016

For 4 disks, any raid-card with 1xSFF-8087 or SFF-8643 is enough (4xSATA/SAS). Concerning vendors, imho Areca is highest, LSI and re-branded models (IBM/Lenovo, Intel, Fujitsu, Dell, etc) are a little lower, Adaptec is crap, and rest is not worth to mention...

Just do not forget to get one with on-board cache (the more the better) and super-capacitor instead of battery (batteries die quite frequently and needs "learninig" during which caching is switched off temporary)...