Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Garbage service related to online.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Garbage service related to online.

locallocal Member

My server, download only 10KB in china.
And customer service reflects the situation always let me provide MTR test data.
First of all, I am not a master, do not understand how these tests.
Due to the network line access to China is very slow, so I applied for a refund.
But it was rejected.
I would like to ask is there a way to safeguard their rights, or the French have consumer complaints website?

Comments

• Garbage service from a garbage provider. I praise their consistency.

/thread

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They have zero control over the routing between France and china, they are under no obligation to provide you with a refund and have clear terms, you chose to accept them no one forced you.

I think you perhaps need to complain to your own government about their censorship and policies regarding the internet in general, see how far that gets you.

fyi, to run an mtr test you simply log in to your VPS/server and run:

mtr -s 50 your.home.ip.address --report

Thanked by 2elgs k0nsl
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    They have zero control over the routing between France and china, they are under no obligation to provide you with a refund and have clear terms, you chose to accept them no one forced you.

I think you perhaps need to complain to your own government about their censorship and policies regarding the internet in general, see how far that gets you.

fyi, to run an mtr test you simply log in to your VPS/server and run:

mtr -s 50 your.home.ip.address --report

In all seriousness what @AnthonySmith said is right, you could have also tested your connection to online.net before buying using http://ping.online.net/. Which I managed to find in under 10 seconds with a simple Google search.

• You should get a server in Singapore as a nice middle ground between speed and price.

Don't complain to the government about their policies as that'll just basically ruin your society and you'll become just like the other weak copy-paste lands of the world.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Online has a speed test file, should have tested first. Doubt any known provider in FR/NA would have good speeds to China...

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2016

local said: I would like to ask is there a way to safeguard their rights, or the French have consumer complaints website?

If you don't even know how to run a simple mtr test, check ping to your location, do a traceroute via online.net's looking glass, how the hell did you think you have even a slice of capability to run a dedicated server on your own?
    You bash online.net claiming you are... a victim and you ask for a refund! But, the truth is that you are incapable on renting any vps or dedi and you are ignorant and unethical, calling a provider as garbage, the same time that the only garbage is your claim...
    Did you even read their TOS/AUP before buying their services? Do you think that renting a dedicate server is something without cost for the provider? You asked for a refund but there is no fault to the provider. Their product works. Slow speeds to China? Try to find a server with good connectivity to your area. Why do you think all capable Chinese searching for much more expensive services to rent, only because they have direct peer to China?
    Please, stop using LET and servers and start a new hobby. Walk during sunshine, playing tennis, watching movies. Just do something else, and stop posting here...

Thanked by 1default
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Complaining on LET doesn't cost anything. Now OP complaining to his government... may cost him something dear.

• hzrhzr Member

deank said: Now OP complaining to his government... may cost him something dear.

all the more reason to do so

• @austenite said:
    Garbage service from a garbage provider. I praise their consistency.

/thread

I guess now that your company is now only about 6 months old, you can call other providers service "garbage?" Reading through your Twitter tweets, your company's service has been far less then stellar...Good enough reason to never purchase from you.

• Should have done some tests before making the purchase. Don't try to make it look like their fault!

• @Weblogics said:

@austenite said:

/thread

I guess now that your company is now only about 6 months old, you can call other providers service "garbage?" Reading through your Twitter tweets, your company's service has been far less then stellar...Good enough reason to never purchase from you.

We've been in business for around a year now after rebranding from from a previous name (hence the young Twitter account). You don't have to purchase from us, that's your prerogative. I would have just refunded OP in this case, not because I have to but because it's the decent thing to do.

I wasn't a happy customer when I used Online.net, was merely sharing an opinion.

• Lunar said: Should have done some tests before making the purchase. Don't try to make it look like their fault!

/thread.

You should choose providers that fit your needs/requirements. A five minute test before hitting the 'order' button could've made it fairly clear that decent peering from FR-CN may be difficult to find from a budget provider.

• @austenite said:

@Weblogics said:

@austenite said:

/thread

We've been in business for around a year now after rebranding from from a previous name (hence the young Twitter account). You don't have to purchase from us, that's your prerogative. I would have just refunded OP in this case, not because I have to but because it's the decent thing to do.

I wasn't a happy customer when I used Online.net, was merely sharing an opinion.

It is one thing to share a professional opinion but another to post such an amateurish high school level opinion. You might also want to read up on the Delimiter saga and what happened to them after they thought they were better then most providers here...

• @Weblogics said:

@austenite said:

@Weblogics said:

@austenite said:

/thread

It is one thing to share a professional opinion but another to post such an amateurish high school level opinion. You might also want to read up on the Delimiter saga and what happened to them after they thought they were better then most providers here...

I was here while the Delimiter saga was going on. You're right, point made and taken on board. My apologies.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2016

So far I did not have problems with Online. My only issue with them is not providing IPv6 on their cloud platform (aka Scaleway). For a big provider, not giving IPv6 is a big problem in my opinion, but this is just my opinion. However, I can not call it garbage just because they allow only IPv4 on cloud.

• everyone knows the route between China to EU are bad, because most of them are CN-US-EU, it's not the fault of Online.