Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHT

Anyone else getting this when going to WHT?

Welcome to nginx on Fedora!
This page is used to test the proper operation of the nginx HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the web server installed at this site is working properly.

Website Administrator
This is the default index.html page that is distributed with nginx on Fedora. It is located in /usr/share/nginx/html.

You should now put your content in a location of your choice and edit the root configuration directive in the nginx configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

No. Why are you visiting WHT?

• Driven by boredom maybe?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

That's not boredom, my friend. That has to be something far more serious. You should get that checked out ;)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • I am getting it too (haven't been on WHT for ages, so DNS was fresh)

• Are you sure you didn't go to WebHostingLoud by mistake? Jokes aside, @jarland is right; why would you be on that scummy, no-good site built on the idea that companies pay for Corperate Membership to advertise?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

WHT died some years ago in my heart.

• Why the hate for WHT? I saw as much shilling there as I see here.
    I enjoy both places as they are.

Paid members are protected even if he commits scam. If he knows what he is doing and does no harm to WHT itself, he can scam as many people as he want. (GVH was a good recent example).

Canned replies to comply with ...rules.

Goodie goodie mods who are pretty shady by themselves. At least on LET, they are exposed. On WHT, such deeds get hidden.

And more.

Thanked by 2GCat angstrom
  • @deank said:
    Paid members are protected even if he commits scam.

Are you talking about that Chris something something guy (forgot the name but the guy with trump avatar)? I don't remember he got punished for anything but do correct me if I'm wrong since I don't really follow this kind of stuff.

edited October 2016

I had been on WHT for more than 15 years. There had been a fair number of such scammers who were banned when they were on the last stand before they'd just vanish from the Net and resurface with a totally different identity.

A lot asked them to be banned. WHT ignored and banned them in last moments. My word, WHT is more rotten than LET.

Thanked by 1Xsltel
  • spitzspitz Member
    edited October 2016

deank said: My word, WHT is more rotten than LET.

Yup, I can agree with this. WHT is more rotten than LET but doesn't mean LET is not rotten. To be honest, that's also the reason why I love LET slightly more than WHT, it's just less rotten, but still rotten anyway. :)

It's like choosing between Trump and Hillary.

True, but LET is far more expressive and the idiotic drama is very entertaining.

• Have you tried refreshing the page to get the site to work? I do find it ironic that you post this issue but look on the bright side there's few that will actually help