Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode , Online.Net Windows Templates - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode , Online.Net Windows Templates

2»

Comments

• ihadpihadp Member

@gattytto said:
    online.net offers proxmox, it's easier and safer to setup a windows kvm than doing this.. I wouldn't waste a whole dedi for a single w$ install

That would also require the purchase of an additional IPv4, assuming you would want public network access over IPv4.

• @ihadp said:

@gattytto said:
    online.net offers proxmox, it's easier and safer to setup a windows kvm than doing this.. I wouldn't waste a whole dedi for a single w$ install

That would also require the purchase of an additional IPv4, assuming you would want public network access over IPv4.

no, it would not..

• ihadpihadp Member

@gattytto said:

@ihadp said:

@gattytto said:

no, it would not..

The only other option would be NAT, which isn't supported out of the box by Proxmox.

• NO, it is not the "only other" option..

• you don't just "install w$ inside and use", non-managed servers imply an additional responsibility from client (us) part, you are responsible not only for the usage of the IP, but for the usage of the hardware resources and network limitations (if any apply)..

So just "installing w$ inside" and just trusting the built-in firewall for a whole 100mb/s internet connection and a dedicated ipv4 ip would be like opening a .exe attachment from an unknown-sender e-mail..

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited April 2017

@gattytto said:
    NO, it is not the "only other" option..

Share with the class?

@gattytto said:
    you don't just "install w$ inside and use", non-managed servers imply an additional responsibility from client (us) part, you are responsible not only for the usage of the IP, but for the usage of the hardware resources and network limitations (if any apply)..

So just "installing w$ inside" and just trusting the built-in firewall for a whole 100mb/s internet connection and a dedicated ipv4 ip would be like opening a .exe attachment from an unknown-sender e-mail..

huh?

• @gattytto said:
    you don't just "install w$ inside and use", non-managed servers imply an additional responsibility from client (us) part, you are responsible not only for the usage of the IP, but for the usage of the hardware resources and network limitations (if any apply)..

Give me some of whatever you're on because it seems amazing.

• My templates work on online.net as well, check out the link in my signature.

• vaotamvaotam Member

Is this tut still working, I can't file window file !

• duc5educ5e Member

@vaotam said:
    Is this tut still working, I can't file window file !

you can buy at http://files.duc5e.net

• hzrhzr Member

lmao fuck off