Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any one experiencing a problem with BudgetVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any one experiencing a problem with BudgetVM?

natestammnatestamm Member
edited April 2013 in General

I am noticing a trend in my VM going down and an inability even to use my Control panel to bring her back up.

Still waiting on a ticket reply But a Reboot and Boot isn't working and I get no notifications when this happens. I can confirm this over the past few weeks almost every other day.

I have this machine setup out of Chicago, IL if that helps.

All IPs still not responding as of 12:43pm EST.

*Is this a location any one might know for having these problems? I just got a 504 on my Control panel.

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx/1.2.4

Can't confirm from their announcements page so wondered if I missed an updated notification area URL.

And noticing now my other VM on a different node isn't responding either. Guess without a good investment in monitoring for their Nodes I can't even trust the output below.

Network Status Service Status Information and Network Announcements
0 Open 0 Scheduled 0 Resolved
There are no Open Network Issues Currently

Comments

• RophRoph Member

I ditched BudgetVM after 1 month, I'd recommend you do too.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited April 2013

I ditched them a long time ago. :D

• I am starting to get on board with that. Think I've bothered the community enough But I have another VM with them on a different node and Just never seen these issues before. Really with any provider. And this just happens to be one of those situations where The issue is coming back at me from users of services I provide. Really loved the deal I got from them though so I figured it was a shot asking about the location at least.

Thanks fellas.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited April 2013

Any ways Just had a good talk with Mike and am being assured there is no pattern in their support system indicating a major hardware or network failure. I will have to start throwing in trace routes when I submit these tickets But I honestly wish I did not see these problems constantly from only one Host.

*Interestingly enough while my Skype blows up in EST my connection coming from KS and users in MD.

..And we are all noticing the same issues.

Although I suppose some thing upstream from our ISP could be doing it. Or theirs..

• that happen frequently, when you get that error on the panel, just refresh the page.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited April 2013

@dedicados I have never seen it with any other hosts and I have well over ten different accounts *with various hosts and many more VMs. Any ways I appreciate the advice I am able to get the panel up But my users in on the East Coast and my ISP from out in the plains are all timing out to our IP really Just wanted to check with the community on this But I can't confirm what the issue is at this point they may have a router failure, bad RAM on a node, failing drive, or some Skid causing problems for the Net I may never know.

*Worst thing about this is I am at every risk of losing some serious money over this and it doesn't jive with the mention of a 100% Uptime guarantee I see on their home page. I hate to hold a host to the fire like that But I am starting to see much more value in having a host who I can keep in contact with over problems with the box what I am getting out of Enzu/BudgetVM really has turned from bad to worse and is basically unacceptable for me and my users at this point.

@Maounique just going to update here not worth new posts..I honestly do agree I had a great experience with BudgetVM so far I really can't say what has precipitated this But it isn't all my decision how future relationships proceed with a given company I have users to satisfy.

Well I'm back online now at 5:46pm EST. Reviewing logs and ServerMonitor my best guess at downtime over this still unidentified issue is some where between five and eight hours. Really not sure where to go from here But any providers reading this who have 100GB+ storage plans please send me a PM!

*She is down again after I was able to boot her fine before having dinner at 6:30pm EST. Was not able to find any problematic large files.

What a shame I had two other clients this past month that I was sure I could switch over to them after a recent move up North I made.

I really love those resources and the offerings on them. Time to jump in the deep end I guess. Thanks to all providers that responded!

• well it depends what are you using, in my case are only dns servers, but no so critical, i buy a dedicated and then cancel because was a bad support, so.

If you think you can lose money for that, i recommend you to change to another provider.

as i told you, in my case i dont care if 1 time the panel dont enter, then next minute it does.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I had a good experience with them, my vps was stable enough, had weeks of uptime, sometimes months.
    At that price given the ton of IPs was good performance and i always liked chicago network.
    I only dropped it recently because had no more use, but in general did well for the money.

• I ditched them after my entire VPS became inaccessible for a couple of days and then appeared to be replaced with a different VM with entirely different IP's + no explanation provided :-o

• danodano Member

I had a BudgetVM/Enzu hosting Xen 256Mb from late 2011-2012(paid for a year). At first, the vm ran well and I was happy with my purchase. Fast forward 10 months later, and I am receiving 80-100Kbps of erroneous traffic at my network interface, so I contact support to ask why? After about a few days of support saying "we can't see anything wrong, but we will keep an eye out", they finally said they would fix it. It was fixed for about a week, and then the traffic came back(some game server on another VPS by the packet capture). About a month later, the vm become quite unstable, with multiple connection losses throughout the day - I asked support to take a look, but of course, it "all looks good from here" still -- at this point, I realized I am wasting time with hosting at BudgetVM-Enzu-etc. My virtual machine went from 10 months of 99.9% uptime or better, to the last couple of months of 85% uptime with support insisting that "everything is ok on their side". I sent billing/customer service a screenshot of the Nagios availability report when I was having problems, and I never heard a peep from them.

• I have rough time with them too, but I still have few vps with them. And since I'm a vps reseller they provide better support with higher level support.

• LESLES Member

BudgetVM is just another company that cheat their Affiliate Program users.