Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with Hong Kong/China IP - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with Hong Kong/China IP

13»

Comments

• @johnlth93 said: Well i am planing to tunnel my network through a HK server to access China

If as you said (30kb/s) then it would be real bad isn't it?

Actually, I just got the renewal. It is 29.97 euro for 3 months, so that's only 10 euros per month. (The 20 was sticking in my head for some reason.)

Unfortunately it is not usable for access from the mainland, but is fine within HK since they are on HKIX and acceptable from the rest of Asia. (I've only tried singapore to my OAH and stuff to the USA west coast.)

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

The lowest vr.org plan in HK is 512MB so 20USD/month

• Well, i should have a try on that then
    How do i choose location when i order a kimsufi? Doesn't seem to have any selection, i never really own a dedicated before, can it simple reinstall OS similar to SolusVM?

• @johnlth93 the OVH site is a mess and mostly in french-- they do have a nice control panel (functionality wise) and can reload the physical kimsufi o/s to most popular distributions in 20-30 minutes.

• @unused said: @johnlth93 the OVH site is a mess and mostly in french

I am visiting through here http://www.ovh.co.uk/ would that be any different?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@unused said: Yes, I have a kimsufi in HK

This can't be true, OVH don't provide dedicated servers anywhere other than RBX/SBG/BHS.
    http://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/choix_datacentre.xml

• @rm_ said: This can't be true, OVH don't provide dedicated servers anywhere other than RBX/SBG/BHS.

That's my bad, it appears I have the two mixed up, and I have a VM in HK and not the Kimsufi. ( I don't use it for the previously stated reasons, obviously.. :-)

• VR connection speed is not limited, despite being said so on the website.

• @unused said: That's my bad, it appears I have the two mixed up, and I have a VM in HK and not the Kimsufi. ( I don't use it for the previously stated reasons, obviously.. :-)

Even the VPS is not physically in HK I think, it is just geolocated to HK?

• No, OVH has actual VPS in HK (Equinix2)

• @zhuanyi said: Even the VPS is not physically in HK I think, it is just geolocated to HK?

Can i buy a kimsufi and get a HK geolocated IP? I wouldn't mind if the physically location isn't in HK

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@johnlth93 said: Can i buy a kimsufi and get a HK geolocated IP?

Does not seem to be the case, for the BHS servers geolocation choices are Canada or USA, and for RBX ones you can only choose from various EU countries.

• @rm_ said: Does not seem to be the case

awh =\
    so far i got nothing, seem like i've have to wait for @William then

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@johnlth93 said: seem bad especially the manual activation and reboot/reinstall. Oh and they seem to have only Windows and CentOS

there is VNC console. And they said the control panel is available soon but I am not sure.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@Jylee said: And they said the control panel is available soon but I am not sure.

Yes they are said to release the control panel, but you cannot rely on a provider who only knows how to advertise but never cares about clients' problem.

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited April 2013

Update* I just got an HK server from edis
    generally was great, but the IP is not working for what i wanted because those China site sees me as foreigner instead of HK as their IP geolocated at Austri (as seen by lot China sites)

So i am now bumping my post to see if any other HK offer you guys know of, ty

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2013

@johnlth93 said: China site sees me as foreigner instead of HK

I see what you mean but you do realize that IPs geolocated to Hong Kong is not recognized as originated from China by most Chinese websites right?

• @klikli said: but you do realize that IPs geolocated to Hong Kong is not recognized as originated from China by most Chinese websites

i din't realize that, i assume that HK are allowed in their IP check.
    Can you confirm that's true? That HK aren't allowed by most

• Yea, most websites in China only whitelist Telecom and Netcom ranges (often very large blocks, /9 and /8 which also allows some "foreign" IPs in due to the size), i even had problems with a smaller independent ISP in Shenzhen with his own IPs (from CNNIC, so just as official and legal as Netcom and Telecom) as they were not whitelisted on streaming and other sites

• @William i don't know what to say -_-

• ChanChan Member
    edited April 2013

@johnlth93 said: @William i don't know what to say -_-

Hong Kong isn't always considered to be a part of China by most websites, which AFAIK is mostly due to it's political background (although some sites do intentionally).

On the technical side, Hong Kong IPs are highly unlikely to be from the blocks William named, as Hong Kong's ISPes are different from those in China.