Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH to establish North American headquarters and first U.S. data center - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH to establish North American headquarters and first U.S. data center

2»

Comments

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

@pbgben said:

@BrianHarrison said:

@Microlinux said:

@rm_ said:
    Meh, so boring, they already had a perfectly fine North American datacenter in BHS. And with the entire NSA debacle, US is the last place anyone should ever want to host in.

You're under a delusion if you don't think every capable country in the world has a dragnet the same as the NSA, or aspires to have one.

^^ This.

That, and the fact that the NSA works closely with other agencies to monitor overseas objects of interest, too.

The NSA had reportedly attempted to monitor the Pacific transoceanic fiber cable thing that links AU, NZ, Hawaii, etc to the US, I remember reading it on the Wikipedia page about those fiber optic cables

• They simply going to places where closer and cheaper to open a business like many others.

• @MikePT said:

pbgben said: [They're got too big] How many providers have their own gTLD?

They paid for it.

Logic not found.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Yura said:

@MikePT said:

pbgben said: [They're got too big] How many providers have their own gTLD?

They paid for it.

Logic not found.

WAT

• @pbgben said:
    WAT

El cheapo said "They paid for it" as some kind of a counter-argument against 1) OVH getting too big, 2) having their own gTLD. That's why I said logic not found in his statement.

@Yura said:

@pbgben said:
    WAT

El cheapo said "They paid for it" as some kind of a counter-argument against 1) OVH getting too big, 2) having their own gTLD. That's why I said logic not found in his statement.

I see, and aggree. If it was easy then everyone would have one.

• pbgben said: How many providers have their own gTLD?

Most of the big providers have their own TLD but it's not open to the public. OTOH, OVH offers registrations at a great price and the sales cover the cost. Also OVH is really not too big, their marketshare is still small in the whole hosting industry.

• OVH is becoming like a budget airline then, where states are basically bidding to offer subsidies and concessions for them to go there.

@VortexMagnus said:
    OVH is becoming like a budget airline then, where states are basically bidding to offer subsidies and concessions for them to go there.

Except if OVH was an airline they wouldn't be held together with ductape. Nor would they arrive on time (Discover Servers)

• YuraYura Member
    edited January 2017

@pbgben said:
    Except if OVH was an airline they wouldn't be held together with ductape.

You are an optimist.

• Nor would they arrive on time (Discover Servers)

Yeah don't book a flight with them it would take like 5 months to get to Australia or Singapore

• @Yura said:

@pbgben said:

You are an optimist.

omg

• WSSWSS Member

@ethancedrik said:

@Yura said:

@pbgben said:

You are an optimist.

omg

It's called speed tape, and is used all of the time.

• Oh, okay I see xD yeah I didn't think someone would actually use ducktape on an aircraft

• YuraYura Member
    edited January 2017

@ethancedrik said:
    Oh, okay I see xD yeah I didn't think someone would actually use ducktape on an aircraft

"Of course not, that would be crazy. Imagine panic on the plane if passengers saw that. Earthwalking lamers. They think they know everything about air transport and safety. Grr. But when you say it's a super duper-special-magical-speed-tape they calm fucking down and let me pilot this POS!

Wait... where is the wheel in this damn thing??!"

(recovered from blackbox of a Boing 757).

edited January 2017

@Yura said:

@ethancedrik said:
    Oh, okay I see xD yeah I didn't think someone would actually use ducktape on an aircraft

"Of course not, that would be crazy. Imagine panic on the plane if passengers saw that. Earthwalking lamers. They think they know everything about air transport and safety. Grr. But when you say it's a super duper-special-magical-speed-tape they calm fucking down and let me pilot this POS!

Wait... where is the wheel in this damn thing??!"

(recovered from blackbox of a Boing 757).

Needs to be read in a Russian accent.

Haha, not a problem boss man, this tape is best in whole box of tools, it gets used for everything on plane. Not one failure yet! we say that it is a temporary fix for wing falling off but in real time we leave it on for as long as it will last (Whispers, the fuel lines in the left wing are wrapped in this for 3 years! Holds veeeerry gud)

Thanked by 1Yura