Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which server to buy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which server to buy?

i have xeon E5 2630v3 x 2 = 16 core or 32 threads for 211$, On my vps, intensive cpu tasks are done. I have 256 IP and after 70-80 openvz on proxmox, the cpu maxes out. I am running cpu intensive tasks equivalent to playing games.
Which server do you recommend for this purpose? Also, I use nearly 500 mb ram per openvz container, and my hard disk requirement is 480 gb ssd.

I was also looking here, https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/game/
And thinking if I buy 2-3 80$ servers, would that be great, for proxmox?

Do you have any recommendation? Those who sell vps here, from where you buy servers?

Comments

• Why not just get another of the same server the E5-2630v3 if you already have 256 IP's with OVH it wouldn't be hard to migrate some server off the overloaded servers to a new one right?

• Assuming you have all of the 256 IP addresses in a single block with OVH you will want to stick with servers that come with vRack. Assign the IP addresses to the vRack and then use them among all of your servers..whether it be a ton of smaller ones or a couple larger ones.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • If it's just for number crunching you could also get away with a wholesaleinternet server, dual e5's for 70/month.