Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Dedicated Server for China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Dedicated Server for China

Hello,

I have a client from China. He have a server with OVH France but he is facing very bad connectivity from China. He have hosted 15 KVMs (2 windows) in his server. Now he wants to move. Currently he is paying $88/m for 2X480 SSD + 2X2TB HDD Intel Xeon D-1520. We can increase out budget but looking for good connectivity less than 200ms from China. Anyone can give suggestion please?

Thanks

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I suppose HK would be out of the budget? What are your BW requirements?

• To be honest buy a server in china

• Sinoserver.com, sinohosting.net

• jibon57jibon57 Member
    edited October 2016

@masterqqq said:
    To be honest buy a server in china

Thanks for reply. We have already with Aliyan but very costly & bad connection from outside even from few area of China.

• @randvegeta said:
    I suppose HK would be out of the budget? What are your BW requirements?

24 GB ram, 120Gb ssd, 1 TB HDD is fine.

• If you look at best effort basic, you shall increase the budget to around usd100-150. Or pay around USD60 - USD150 for premium bandwidth. Direct get the bandwidth from CT, CU, and CM would have more guarantee on the traffic.

• @admsam said:
    If you look at best effort basic, you shall increase the budget to around usd100-150. Or pay around USD60 - USD150 for premium bandwidth. Direct get the bandwidth from CT, CU, and CM would have more guarantee on the traffic.

Ok, we can increase budget to 100$. Can you show any package?

• @jibon57 said:

@admsam said:
    If you look at best effort basic, you shall increase the budget to around usd100-150. Or pay around USD60 - USD150 for premium bandwidth. Direct get the bandwidth from CT, CU, and CM would have more guarantee on the traffic.

Ok, we can increase budget to 100$. Can you show any package?

PM you

@jibon57, sorry for any misunderstanding but when I said BW I mean bandwidth.

If your hardware requirements are flexible then the main consideration for an HK (or any Asian server) would be how much bandwidth you need.

24GB RAM, 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD is no problem and can be available in HK for as little as US$100, but depending on the bandwidth, it may cost a lot more.

We can offer you the following:

Xeon E3-1245v2
    32GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB HDD
    128GB SSD
    300GB International Data Transfer (Premium Route, Including Direct China Route)
    ** Unlimited Local HK Data Transfer **

Monthly Fee: US$100
    Setup Fee: US$50

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

You should be able to get a ping below 200 on the West Coast USA.

Thanked by 1david_W
  • @randvegeta, Can I get test IP & download file? You can PM me. 300GB will be fine for now but expected to 1TB.

• @oneilonline said:
    You should be able to get a ping below 200 on the West Coast USA.

Do you have any package for me?

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

https://lowendbox.com/blog/stack-network-1gb-kvm-vps-in-la-and-hong-kong-39mo-dedicated-server-in-china

We are having a promotion for China mainland server, let me know if you are interested in it, we have more spec so if the promotion one does not work for you, I can make deals based on your requirement.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

PM Sent. Sorry, dunno what shenanigans LET is having, normally the signature would be working, but currently gives a "Page Not Found" error.

edited October 2016

@jibon57

Update on the offer:

Xeon E3-1245v2
    32GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
    256GB Samsung 850 SSD
    300GB International Data Transfer (Premium Route, Including Direct China Route)
    ** Unlimited Local HK Data Transfer **

Monthly Fee: US$100
    Setup Fee: US$50

This model has no IPMI though. If you need more bandwidth, each 300GB would cost an extra US$40 /month.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Jonchun may be able to sort something in LA, should get you sub 200ms from China

• @hawc, Any package suggestion?

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2016

We can offer servers in LeaseWeb HK room.

HP DL120G7/Intel Xeon E3-1230

32 GB RAM DDR3

2x120GB SSD

1x1TB SATA

10 TB bandwidth

Price: 125 EUR / month

Order link

Average latency to China depends on provider.

CT, CU -> 60-80 ms (outgoing route through Korea telecom and NTT, inbound route through PCCW HK)

China Mobile -> 10 ms

HK-IX -> direct connection

You can check offers at our webpage https://ru-tld.ru/en/arenda-serverov/#filter_city=Hong Kong

Servers can be customized for your needs.

IP announcement is also available.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Price vs Latency means L.A is usually a good option. An optimised network in L.A can usually get ~170ms or so.

I highly doubt it is possible to get a server optimised for china in Asia for $88 or so. But maybe someone will prove me wrong, Pricing will largely depend on the amount of bandwidth.

SplitIce said: But maybe someone will prove me wrong, Pricing will largely depend on the amount of bandwidth.

The only offers in HK that are cheap will either not include China route or be highly highly oversold.

Direct China route via China Telecom costs HK$1,200 - HK$1,500 for commitments of around 100Mbit and at best HK$800 - $1,000 for commitments of 1Gbit and above.

Only the largest ISPs will have such capacity to China (PCCW, HGC, Pacnet etc.) and so most providers in HK will resell from one or more of the big ISPs. The wholesale rate at these ISPs however is still around HK$300 - $1,000 per mbit and that won't be pure China bandwidth.

Plenty of providers in HK offer 'unmetered' or 'unlimited 10Mbit international'. Some even say 'dedicated 10mbit international'. Don't be fooled though as these are oversold. Ask the same company to do IP advertisements with the same 10Mbit+ and watch as they raise the prices!

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2016

randvegeta said: Direct China route via China Telecom costs HK$1,200 - HK$1,500 for commitments of around 100Mbit and at best HK$800 - $1,000 for commitments of 1Gbit and above.

Can get a bit cheaper at times and depending on POP (the Chinese like to sell traffic in Seoul for some reason, i'm not even sure if they pulled that North Korean cable cross the DMZ but probably not, using sea one) - but essentially, this. Under 50$/Mbit for direct China is due to their duopoly not realistic unless, here comes the irony, you have someone to bribe above them in the central (= Beijing, Tech ministry or PLA) gov.

Not like PCCW actually pays that price, it's as always a cross deal, same with HE as upstream for the Chinese carriers.

randvegeta said: Ask the same company to do IP advertisements with the same 10Mbit+ and watch as they raise the prices!

hehe, yea, i was too customer at SunnyVision and have seen first the promise, then the price raise and then not being able to deliver :)

Not too unusual, many shady 'providers' in HK....

• @randvegeta said:

SplitIce said: But maybe someone will prove me wrong, Pricing will largely depend on the amount of bandwidth.

The only offers in HK that are cheap will either not include China route or be highly highly oversold.

Direct China route via China Telecom costs HK$1,200 - HK$1,500 for commitments of around 100Mbit and at best HK$800 - $1,000 for commitments of 1Gbit and above.

Only the largest ISPs will have such capacity to China (PCCW, HGC, Pacnet etc.) and so most providers in HK will resell from one or more of the big ISPs. The wholesale rate at these ISPs however is still around HK$300 - $1,000 per mbit and that won't be pure China bandwidth.

Plenty of providers in HK offer 'unmetered' or 'unlimited 10Mbit international'. Some even say 'dedicated 10mbit international'. Don't be fooled though as these are oversold. Ask the same company to do IP advertisements with the same 10Mbit+ and watch as they raise the prices!

My friend just got the quote from CT, pure china direct route for 100M = USD10950.

@admsam

Really? $854.10 /mbit is not a bad price for ChinaTelecom. Does this include interconnect/local-loop fees? This could easily add an another US$1,000 to the price, but even still.. at under $1,000 HKD per Mbit, that's the cheapest I've seen a CT quote outside of a big ISP with 1Gbit+

• The price is for SG POP. Exclude cross connect. This is direct quote from CT, not any reseller. Purely direct access.

• We can see that CT / CU / CM price is dropping, so far form what i am see:

CT = USD110
    CU = USD65
    CM = USD15

all these need min commitment at 100M level. For CM, we could get the route via HKIX, or Equinix IX, but i am not sure they announce all prefixes or not.

I think many people still not interest on this price.

Thanked by 1ru_tld
  • thatixthatix Member
    edited October 2016

@admsam said:
    CU = USD65

That is to say

2Mbit/s CU bandwidth = 1yr CU Shanghai home broadband bundle including 1 fixed-line telephone and 1 mobile phone SIM card(50Mbps DL/25Mbps UL)

Kinda believe they sell bandwidth overseas for a higher price to compensate the cost of domestic infrastructure( I mean home BB)

• GigsGigsGigsGigs Member, Host Rep

Direct China Pure Bandwidth is definitely expensive . the price that you wish is only for share china route basis.

• @GigsGigs said:
    Direct China Pure Bandwidth is definitely expensive . the price that you wish is only for share china route basis.

ex-boss, when your premium china network will be ready?