Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extending proxmox volume
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Extending proxmox volume

maclethalmaclethal Member
edited October 2016 in Help

I used OVH installation where have 2 disks so that 480*2=960 GB can be made available to me on /var/lib/vz
but when I install proxmox, only 480gb is available, where is other disk?

Here is the screenshot of structure
http://imgur.com/a/7Burb

Comments

• BochiBochi Member
    edited October 2016

You most probably setup the server with RAID1 or no RAID at all?
    For the full space to be available you have to choose RAID0 (stripe) and even then you will loose some space to you system partition and swap, so don't calculate with the full capacity.

• @Bochi said:

No raid, I attached a screenshot, please check that

• @Bochi said:
    For the full space to be available you have to choose RAID0 (stripe) and even then you will loose some space to you system partition and swap, so don't calculate with the full capacity.

Even with RAID0 I get only 1 usable disk

• The select the RAID level and you should be fine I guess?
    It is software RAID after all I think, so you could also set it up by yourself afterwards.

• @Bochi said:
    The select the RAID level and you should be fine I guess?
    It is software RAID after all I think, so you could also set it up by yourself afterwards.

How?

• @maclethal said:

@Bochi said:
    The select the RAID level and you should be fine I guess?

How?

You should definitly check the OVH documentation, they got tons of material:
    http://docs.ovh.ca/en/guides-raid-soft.html

• Your other drive will not be mounted. I had the same experience with my sys server. Mount it then extend the lvg onto the second drive.

• @sqamsqam said:
    Your other drive will not be mounted. I had the same experience with my sys server. Mount it then extend the lvg onto the second drive.

Can you direct me to a guide? or tell me the commands?
    Thank

• I made a new drive ext3 and directory be /new and mounted it in proxmox, now atleast I have 2 drives which I can work on :)