Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't get WHMCS to work with SolusVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can't get WHMCS to work with SolusVM

Hello I have been at it for hours not getting anything but vague answers from SolusVM.
The issue is I see it in the API log its connecting and getting results. Now what SolusVM support said it's not listening on port 6767. And I need to add that to the lighttpd.conf
but they never responded back on just what is need to open that up.

I also tried this but i guess its wrong too

$SERVER["socket"] == "0.0.0.0:6767" {
ssl.engine = "enable"
ssl.pemfile = "/usr/local/solusvm/ssl/solusvm2.pem"
ssl.ca-file = "/usr/local/solusvm/ssl/AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt"

}

Thanks

Comments

• Sorry what is the issue to start with? Didn't quite understand what you listed.

• Ok yes its when you select the module in the product and choose SolusVM it won't show any nodes or anything so when you create a vps it says invalid node.

@AshleyUk said:
    Sorry what is the issue to start with? Didn't quite understand what you listed.

• Did you add the server in WHMCS to the server group within WHMCS.

Do you get entries in the SolusVM API Log?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @skillednerd said:
    Ok yes its when you select the module in the product and choose SolusVM it won't show any nodes or anything so when you create a vps it says invalid node.

@AshleyUk said:

You need to open the ports on the server your website is hosted on that the solusVM support tells you to. If your not personally hosting your website then you need to ask your provider to open the ports for you. That will allow solusvm to communicate with your server.

• Yes I added the server and put in a group. Yes there are entries I see like

status => successnnodes => localhost,texas

@AshleyUk said:
    Did you add the server in WHMCS to the server group within WHMCS.

Do you get entries in the SolusVM API Log?

• I manage the servers. But I have disabled the firewall in both servers.
    And they said open it first in the lighttpd config then make sure open in firewall.

Thanks

@PrColo said:

@skillednerd said:
    Ok yes its when you select the module in the product and choose SolusVM it won't show any nodes or anything so when you create a vps it says invalid node.

@AshleyUk said:

You need to open the ports on the server your website is hosted on that the solusVM support tells you to. If your not personally hosting your website then you need to ask your provider to open the ports for you. That will allow solusvm to communicate with your server.

• @skillednerd said:
    I manage the servers. But I have disabled the firewall in both servers.
    And they said open it first in the lighttpd config then make sure open in firewall.

Ok so you opened the ports on the server that your website is hosted on right? if so what commands did you use to open the ports?

• root@host [/]# service iptables stop
    iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: nat filter [ OK ]
    iptables: Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ]
    iptables: Unloading modules: [ OK ]
    root@host [/]#

@PrColo said:

@skillednerd said:
    I manage the servers. But I have disabled the firewall in both servers.

Ok so you opened the ports on the server that your website is hosted on right? if so what commands did you use to open the ports?

• Fact you have an API log it shows requests are getting through the firewall.

Have you checked the PHP error log on the WHMCS server, are you running WHMCS 6.x or 7?

• I am running the newest version 7 this is my first time with WHMCS. I will check for errors.

@AshleyUk said:
    Fact you have an API log it shows requests are getting through the firewall.

Have you checked the PHP error log on the WHMCS server, are you running WHMCS 6.x or 7?

• Reading what solsuvm said. Did you open that port and configured per solusvm requested?

• before you investigate on the port, turn off the firewall to see its work or not. Also ensure you whmcs ip address is corrected during generate API

• PrColoPrColo Member
    edited October 2016

Once you open the ports go back to the products > modules and click the save button. Everything should show up after you click save again after opening the ports. Not sure why whmcs / solusvm have not fixed that glitch its been like that for ages. If the setting still do not show up after you click save then check your SolusVM admin panel and be sure you have the correct api settings just double check everything that you have already done. If all of the above fails you might have to give the solusVM L2 engineer your server information to let them help you diagnose it, its kinda hard for us to help our because we don't know the exact steps you took before opening the ports.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

You are using a API restriction in WHMCS?

Install a fresh OS then install solusvm.

• Yes actually they did send it to level 2. So he is been working now.
    I am not sure because the SolusVM and hostbill are working. But I am letting it go I think I like the look of WHMCS better.

@PrColo said:
    Once you open the ports go back to the products > modules and click the save button. Everything should show up after you click save again after opening the ports. Not sure why whmcs / solusvm have not fixed that glitch its been like that for ages. If the setting still do not show up after you click save then check your SolusVM admin panel and be sure you have the correct api settings just double check everything that you have already done. If all of the above fails you might have to give the solusVM L2 engineer your server information to let them help you diagnose it, its kinda hard for us to help our because we don't know the exact steps you took before opening the ports.

• @skillednerd said:
    I am running the newest version 7 this is my first time with WHMCS. I will check for errors.

@AshleyUk said:
    Fact you have an API log it shows requests are getting through the firewall.

Could be one the usual issue listed by others, but at the same time could be an issue with the fact your using WHMCS 7 which has only been out for a day or two. And SolusVM has defiantly not tested their module on it yet.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Are you running your solusvm master on an openvz node?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

• Yes I am. Now the issue now they did up it to level 2 and worked on it like 8 hours then they sent me the issue to open a ticket with WHMCS they said its SolusVM that provides support for the module not them.

Here is what he said

Hi,

There is no issues with the configuration, I've verified it more than enough, the same set-up would work fine on any set-up. There is no suspected firewall on both Master and WHMCS server, Also you have configured the WHMCS on a VPS which is hosted on the Master server, so there is no way for the connection issue.

Only thing I suspect here is the WHMCS installation, API logs still displaying the successful messages for every action and you don't have nothing in the drop-down field of your WHMCS. Module settings page displays the debug output in any WHMCS installation, But there is no debug output in Module settings page in your set-up.

We couldn't verify the WHMCS installation, But you can forward this to WHMCS and make sure everything is fine with your installation.

--
    Regards,
    Harsha Nambi @ SolusVM L3 MGMT Support

@AlexBarakov said:
    Are you running your solusvm master on an openvz node?

• Sucks though I guess I won't get WHMCS now that sucks

• @skillednerd said:
    Sucks though I guess I won't get WHMCS now that sucks

Solusvm works fine on my WHMCS.
    I could look at it for you.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

It just works!

• skillednerd said: Sucks though I guess I won't get WHMCS now that sucks

Shoot me a skype, i can help figure out the issue for you.