Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtwire
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtwire

So my Virtwire VPS's went down one day. Only just saw on the Virtwire VPS customer area that the NL node was to be migrated to HostSailor. Of which I just received a login.

Looks promising, thanks Ryan :)

Comments

• I haven't received an email yet, but now I also see the note about the move to HostSailor in the client panel (which apparently was posted on 25 Sept).

Officially, for the non-NAT customers, this is the first word about anything.

sWp said: Looks promising, thanks Ryan :)

I hope that you'll forgive me if at this point, my enthusiasm is more restrained.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited October 2016

Saw that also a few days ago. Had more then a half year left on my non-NAT service in NL, but killed that shortly before the announcement. So, no migration to HostSailor for me. :P
    For all the others: How did it go?

• Right now, NL01 seems to be down.

• Bochi said: For all the others: How did it go?

I'm still waiting for news that I've been migrated ...

• Within Evoburst SolusVM I get "Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later" and Hostsailor setup an account for me two days ago, with my personal data, but no service yet. I'm curious.

• i83i83 Member
    edited October 2016

Hopefully all existing customers get looked after by HostSailor.

• Due to unexpected circumstances, VirtWire closed its doors and will not be able to continue doing business moving forward.

HostSailor.com offered the take over the Netherlands clients of VirtWire, and they have worked closely with the hosting provider hosting the clients and paid any outstanding bills, however the IP provider providing IP addresses to the clients removed the IP routeblocks and derouted all the networks due to unpaid bills today, currently HostSailor is trying their best to find alternative solutions.

*** Please note that HostSailor is only trying to help with the transition and they are taking no responsiblity for the downtime caused by any means ***

Once we have more information, we will share them with you.
  • Just in NL?

how about in other location?

I have one in NL and 2 in LA (one is budgetvz)

• I've now also received an email from HostSailor.

As I understand it, NL01 is presently down because VirtWire stopped paying the bills, and HostSailor is working on bringing it back up (and HostSailor doesn't take responsibility for the downtime until then).

add_iT said: Just in NL?

how about in other location?

I have one in NL and 2 in LA (one is budgetvz)

I think that HostSailor will only take over NL01. There may or may not be other providers planned for the other locations (LA probably has a good chance). In any case, don't hold your breath while waiting.

• JarryJarry Member
    edited October 2016
    Dear ***,
    Thank you for signing up with us. Your new account has been setup
    and you can now login to our client area using the details below.
    Email Address: ***
    Password: (Your chosen password)
    To login, visit https://clients.hostsailor.com/

Apparently VirtWire sold my customer-data (name, address, mail, etc) to HostSailor. Is this legal? I never signed up with them!!!

• Jarry said: Apparently VirtWire sold my customer-data (name, address, mail, etc) to HostSailor. Is this legal? I never signed up with them!!!

No, they did not sell your customer data, hostsailor took control over a node to keep services alive. Yes, it is legal, it has occur a lot of times before, you can erase your account from hostsailor by informing that you don't want to keep being a client.

• i don`t receive email from hostsailor

I have 4GB ram NL vps on their service

so not all customers got migration??

• No need to miss anything. I just got l/p from hostsailor, but no VPS...

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

Hi everyone! we're trying to fix the mess left behind, we paid all bills to the NL provider to keep the server online, but sadly the IP provider terminated the contract for unpaid bills and for being unable to get hold of Ryan, rest assured we're looking after you. We are now migrating the NL users to our WHMCS, and solusvm.

Prices will remain the same, and you'll get your exact plan/price/duration as if you were with VirtWire, please note that we have had to lease a few /24's from a third party to help you get your service back up, we do not have enough IP pool to accomodate everyone on our own network, therefore we're fixing the mess, slowly you will get emailed your whmcs details followed by your new IP address, and in a matter of time everything will get back to normal.

Do understand that we're doing this out of goodwill, we know what downtime means and we did not let down a help request from VirtWire to take over all NL users, we're not taking any US clients as we do not service the US as of yet.

Thanked by 1sWp