Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo VPS

hzrhzr Member
edited October 2016 in General

Is it any good? I looked through LET and found basically a near 50% split of "works for me" and "they will kill your children and small animals"; I don't plan on abusing the fair use flatrate bandwidth, at most 1-2TB a month - is everything else acceptable (neighbours, uptime, packetloss, etc), or any alternatives near that spec?

Netcup seems to only want some form of EU bank transfer?

NB: I know what I'm doing and I don't abuse support or resources, just need stable and high spec (with a low budget).

Comments

• AdvicerxyzAdvicerxyz Member
    edited October 2016

i cant say anything becuase i never used them, but see ovh for example alot of negative reviews, ive used them over a year now 3 downtimes 1 sechudles, 1 network issue fixed after 2 hours, and one stick of ram went dead and replaced after 25 minutes. so 1 year uptime and overall of 3 hours downtime for a year. people saying they have not support, its not true, maybe in tickets the slow answering but for phone support really good support for hardware and minimal for softwares. and people need to know those budget provider selling unmanged servers. so if you dont know what you doing, so you using it an ur own risk for errors and stuff, becuase support wont fix mistakes you doing.
    so you need to find someone that knows what he doing and used their service and not people who have 0 idea of server manage, find review about their networks, and hardware

• I had a VPS with them for testing purposes in the days when they were known as Giga-International. Performance of the VPS was satisfactory during that period.