Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10EUR or less dedicated server - suggestions? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10EUR or less dedicated server - suggestions?

2»

Comments

• @abat said: I wondered why no-one had mentioned OVH!

Maybe because:

@gbshouse said: Note 1 - no OVH please :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

imho the specs will be the same as VPS.

• @WebProject said: imho the specs will be the same as VPS.

True but the reasoning behind the dedicated resources is so they can use the resources all the time without 'abusing" the host node.

• @pubcrawler said: One provider I am aware of offering Raspberry Pi based offering out of Kansas City (Wholesale Internet's network):

I'm not sure that these are truly Raspberry Pi, because:

@pubcrawler said: 512 MB (Upgradeable to 1GB) of RAM

I do wonder what kind of hardware they're using, though.

• I'm interested in seeing any other places people may have in mind, quite amazing to see such prices for dedicated resources these days.

• ovh got kimsufi dedi for 8.99 euro/month

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@gbshouse said: Note 1 - no OVH please :)

• And it is not euro but GBP..

• NeoNeo Banned

@johnlth93 where???

• @Neo
    kimsufi.fr

• maybe you would be interested in our new coming contract celeron boxes in tampa florida?

• @blergh_ said: kimsufi.fr

He said no OVH.

@Jeffrey - if your offer meet the reqs. sure why not :)

• @gbshouse what specs are you looking for any how many are you looking to order? as of right now i have 20 celeron units waiting to be built. when would you like these?

@Jeffrey - the most important spec. part is price <= 10EUR :) for rest take a look on the link in my first post

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited April 2013

@Rallias
    Yes, but i was not responding to OP but to the question from Neo regarding where you would find the 9€ server(s)

• @Shigawire said: And it is not euro but GBP..

ha! my bad

• @gbshouse said: @gbshouse said: Note 1 - no OVH please :)

sorry, din notice it

• NeoNeo Banned

@blergh_ its 9,99Euro + TAX not 8,99 open ;D
    Thats why i ask

• @Neo
    For me its 8,99
    It depends on where you are in the world and what site, tax etc.

• iberxiberx Member

burst.net, the first month 1$

• @Damian,

I inquired a month or two back. They said out of stock then and described them using the words Raspberry Pi. The 1GB of RAM part throws things off though.

As per our discussion a while back on ARM stuff, plenty of "like" spec boards to the Pi. But based on price to purchase vs. offer, I think they are sticking with Pi's and I think others are mass buying and hording in datacenter space since neverending shortage of them.

• dot_txtdot_txt Member
    edited April 2013

Wow, we got mentioned on LET, and I didn't even realize it.

@brandon Thanks!

@Damian and @pubcrawler

Its really simple, we just hook up cheap android tablets to wifi and.... Haha, No, but the idea of a built in battery backup made me laugh.

We use a combination of RaspberryPI's, Cubieboard's, and Hackberry's, depending on what the needs of the deployment are (Ram, need for an attached hard drive, etc). They are great for small stuff, like a PBX, a small website, offsite monitoring, etc. The major downside is they run ARM architecture, so the list of availiable operating systems is limited (Arch Linux Arm, Ubuntu Arm, Fedora Arm, Rasperrian, etc).

Ps: Thinking about doing RPI colo as well... We'll have to see if theres a demand out there for it though.