Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web Hosting Requirements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web Hosting Requirements

Hello Friends,
I need a web hosting where I can host 6 websites.
1. 4 websites will be WordPress based with total visit count of 5000-8000 hits/day (variable)
2. 2 X PHP Website for tracking with average clicks of approx 200-2000/day.
Please suggest good host in great budget.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Give us a gander :) https://buyshared.net

Francisco

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Hi there,

What's a "great budget" for you ?

Thanks.

• Any specific location in mind?

• $10/month is what client interested to pay.

• The first preference is Indian location and second will be USA, Canada and UK.

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    The first preference is Indian location and second will be USA, Canada and UK.

Would Germany be a good option?

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited October 2016

@ashmanmalhotra said:

The offer in our signiture is based in London if that works for you?

We also offer VPS in India if you want to install cPanel and manage it yourself.

• hi sir

you can check out https://golden-hosts.com

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2016

It's worth noting that $5 service may host 1,000 websites at 5000 visits a day, while a $600 service with all the bells and whistles may not host one site with 500 visitors a day. I'm of course referencing unstated hardware specs and not just price. A server that would be worth $600/m can fail to host one website, is the key takeaway.

The reason is that every site has its own needs and only you know what those are. Base Wordpress has low requirements. The 40,000 plugins and crappy themes people install can raise the app's overhead to an endless degree.

So while people can make recommendations, you'll still want to focus heavily on optimizing the application and you may have to do tests to find out what kind of resources you need to host that.

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • @rivermigue - I have no problem with Germany server but if it is Contabo, I have heard -ive reviews about their support and service. Let me know the better option. I can convert my other clients to better hosts.

• You are very true. Every host can handle a traffic of 5000hits/day but they are least interested in it. They treat huge traffic as huge earning machine and enforce expensive plans on customers.

That is not the price, which confirms +ive support and services.

Anyway, in my case, the blogs of the client are educational blogs and they do not contain 40,000 plugins. Probably 6-10 generic plugins are installed and theme is simple in nature.

Regarding other two php websites, they are very simple websites.

Why things look cumbersome these days because every host has limited 15-20 concurrent connections to be mysql and php resources whether it is $5 or $300 shared hosting plan. When we try thinking about VPS, they give RAM but keep processor again shared. I dont find much difference in VPS and Shared Hosting with dedicated RAM except that there is no restriction on concurrent connections in VPS.

This client can pay $10/month and next year we can convince him to pay $20/m.

@jarland said:
    It's worth noting that $5 service may host 1,000 websites at 5000 visits a day, while a $600 service with all the bells and whistles may not host one site with 500 visitors a day. I'm of course referencing unstated hardware specs and not just price. A server that would be worth $600/m can fail to host one website, is the key takeaway.

The reason is that every site has its own needs and only you know what those are. Base Wordpress has low requirements. The 40,000 plugins and crappy themes people install can raise the app's overhead to an endless degree.

So while people can make recommendations, you'll still want to focus heavily on optimizing the application and you may have to do tests to find out what kind of resources you need to host that.

• Can you please share the direct links of UK server please?

@quadhost said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:

We also offer VPS in India if you want to install cPanel and manage it yourself.

• I saw that you do not have plan which meets my requirement or looks overprices also. Can you please share direct link of the plan that could meet my need please if I am wrong.

@quadhost said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited October 2016

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    I saw that you do not have plan which meets my requirement or looks overprices also. Can you please share direct link of the plan that could meet my need please if I am wrong.

Shared Hosting - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/88916/uk-shared-hosting-from-5-yr-ssd-s-dedicated-ip-s-cloudlinux-ddos-protected-etc

VPS - https://quadhost.net/virtual-private-server/#packages

Without knowing your full requirements for space or bandwidth. I cannot suggest a specific plan's suitability.

We are more than happy to work with you to make a custom plan if they are not suitable.

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    @rivermigue - I have no problem with Germany server but if it is Contabo, I have heard -ive reviews about their support and service. Let me know the better option. I can convert my other clients to better hosts.

Our servers are hosted within a RACK in Hetzner, we will handle the support for you, we also provide a 15 day money back policy if you are not satisfied for any reason.
    Let me know if this works for you :)

We can do it for 10$ a month. 300gb of disk space, 4tb bw no limit for hosted sites/ mysql db/ aliases/ email addresses.

• Sent you a PM :)

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    Hello Friends,
    1. 4 websites will be WordPress based with total visit count of 5000-8000 hits/day (variable)

We can provide this in India on Pure SSD storage hosted out of our Pune DC. Check out our Business 3 plan.

• WHTWHT Member

Are you sure you want to host in a shared hosting? Am getting like 1k visitors per day and my vps loads slow for some minutes. 8k per day + shared hosting is a no-go.

• Not Exactly Shared hosting only. I have a VPS Server also, which is very economical but I dont trust this host now.

I think VPS server with 2GB RAM, 2 Cores and 100GB SSD with Centos Web Admin will be good enough. Centos Web Admin is free. However, not all hosts offer that. I think with this configuration, I can handle the traffic that I was discussing. I also sent PM.

@WHT said:
    Are you sure you want to host in a shared hosting? Am getting like 1k visitors per day and my vps loads slow for some minutes. 8k per day + shared hosting is a no-go.

• Hi, I sent you PM.

@rivermigue said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    @rivermigue - I have no problem with Germany server but if it is Contabo, I have heard -ive reviews about their support and service. Let me know the better option. I can convert my other clients to better hosts.

Our servers are hosted within a RACK in Hetzner, we will handle the support for you, we also provide a 15 day money back policy if you are not satisfied for any reason.

We can do it for 10$ a month. 300gb of disk space, 4tb bw no limit for hosted sites/ mysql db/ aliases/ email addresses.

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    Hi, I sent you PM.

@rivermigue said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:

I have sent you more details! :)

• AdvicerxyzAdvicerxyz Member
    edited October 2016

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    Hello Friends,

also depends how the website using resources,
    i have one client with big website, motorcycle magzine in my country we talking about 30k unique visitors per day and 150k page views - also he got a forum, i just moved him from a vps of 4 cores, and 150hdd and 16gb ram to own dedicated server, because he was using 100% core in day time, and 12gb ram.
    now he have 12 cores 300gbx4 sas 10k and 32gb ram and he using around 60% on cpu now.
    so all depends how website is build from the core
    share host limit users with entry processes and ram, if you saying his website getting 8k a day maybe normal share hosting wont be fit, be ready for alot of cloudlinux resource limit reach..
    and my client website build on wordpress + vbulletin, and using 20mb/s bandwith.. and alot of io/s maybe share hosting its not the right thing. my advice get a vps with centos web panel \ webmin \ vestacp my advice using vestacp for nginx for reduce load on cpu

• The website I am talking about is not like one you are discussing. We dont have traffic of 30K. Two websites do not have images. People will be visiting to track orders so no images are here and script is very simple. I wont get confuse on this part.
    Three websites are educational with not more than 10 basic and reputed plugins and simple theme.

I understand what is the complex and easy script. Two year back, I hosted Magento based shopping cart on hostgator with more than 1000 products, 50 concurrent admins working on backend and 200 visitors coming up on the website every 5-10 minutes with about 100 purchases every hour. I never experienced any issue on that website with hostgator. They were consuming around 100gb of space. They were on top most shared hosting plan. For some reasons, they had to take down their website based on legal problems.

Now, if we discuss the same requirement with hostgator, they recommend Dedicated server. So, it depends how they consider the problem. For sales aspect, they will always suggest going forward for heavy plan - dedicated server.

The scenario you suggest really required dedicated server as the website is not opitmised so far I can understand.

@Advicerxyz said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    Hello Friends,

i have one client with big website, motorcycle magzine in my country we talking about 30k unique visitors per day and 150k page views - also he got a forum, i just moved him from a vps of 4 cores, and 150hdd and 16gb ram to own dedicated server, because he was using 100% core in day time, and 12gb ram.
    now he have 12 cores 300gbx4 sas 10k and 32gb ram and he using around 60% on cpu now.
    share host limit users with entry processes and ram, if you saying his website getting 8k a day maybe normal share hosting wont be fit, be ready for alot of cloudlinux resource limit reach..
    and my client website build on wordpress + vbulletin, and using 20mb/s bandwith.. and alot of io/s maybe share hosting its not the right thing. my advice get a vps with centos web panel \ webmin \ vestacp my advice using vestacp for nginx for reduce load on cpu

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    The website I am talking about is not like one you are discussing. We dont have traffic of 30K. Two websites do not have images. People will be visiting to track orders so no images are here and script is very simple. I wont get confuse on this part.
    Three websites are educational with not more than 10 basic and reputed plugins and simple theme.

I understand what is the complex and easy script. Two year back, I hosted Magento based shopping cart on hostgator with more than 1000 products, 50 concurrent admins working on backend and 200 visitors coming up on the website every 5-10 minutes with about 100 purchases every hour. I never experienced any issue on that website with hostgator. They were consuming around 100gb of space. They were on top most shared hosting plan. For some reasons, they had to take down their website based on legal problems.

Now, if we discuss the same requirement with hostgator, they recommend Dedicated server. So, it depends how they consider the problem. For sales aspect, they will always suggest going forward for heavy plan - dedicated server.

The scenario you suggest really required dedicated server as the website is not opitmised so far I can understand.

@Advicerxyz said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    Hello Friends,

the website wasnt build by me, but maintaince by me, and belive me it is optimize but using around 40 plugins + integrate between vbulletin + wp. optimze the best i could without build the website from 0 but yeah they not mistake vps its the thing you need, not a low end, maybe ovh vps ssd is okay ? like 2 cores 8gb ram and 40gb ssd ? 12 euros its pretty good offer with ovh ddos protection, that from my experience are pretty good for most ddos attack.