Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Hudson Valley Host website look messed up for anyone else?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Hudson Valley Host website look messed up for anyone else?

https://billing.hudsonvalleyhost.com/clientarea.php

Is it missing all the text or just me? Tried on different browsers and all the same.

Comments

• stasistasi Member
    edited September 2016

@lowend_explorer

it was your chance

Thanked by 3imok doghouch TheOnlyDK
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2016

Nope. But it seems to work on my end - try another computer?

• Looks good, no problem here.

• Hmm it only does this on debian with chrome, chromium and firefox, how strange!

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Download Fira Sans font and install it then all should be fine I was facing the same issue.

• I also had some issues with their site on waterfox for a long time. Could be the font issue.

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

Interesting, thanks for pointing this out @linuxthefish, - I will be delving further into this.

• I'm using Chrome on Win7, no fonts.

Thanked by 1Nick
    edited September 2016

Thanks for that. Site hasn't been changed in over a year now so wonder if its something new causing that or if it has had this fluke issue since the new template.

• Looks fine here (Chrome on Windows 10)

@linuxthefish and @Zeast can you please test now for me on the HVH site? Made some changes but unable to test here as I am unable to replicate the issue locally :(

• I've just tested windows 7 with Chrome and it looks messed up, while windows 10 with chrome looks fine!

@linuxthefish - Can you check in the developer area in chrome for me and see if its not loading a resource on your end or if there are any errors?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

Quick question: why does the "Customer Portal" link bring me to dologin.php? Right when I click it, it says "Login Details Incorrect. Please try again." :(

EDIT: After hitting the "Customer Portal" link a few times, the following shows up:

• @BharatB said:
    Download Fira Sans font and install it then all should be fine I was facing the same issue.

Should be fine now, he's importing the font from fonts.google.com

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

Nah

@doghouch said:

I've already been through it and for some reason font import on few systems isnt working at all

doghouch said: Quick question: why does the "Customer Portal" link bring me to dologin.php? Right when I click it, it says "Login Details Incorrect. Please try again." :(

Probably from whoever made the site last year - fixed..

• @BharatB said:
    Nah

@doghouch said:

I've already been through it and for some reason font import on few systems isnt working at all

Hmm :/

Hello, crude and dirty way:

<link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Fira+Sans:300,400,500,700" rel="stylesheet">

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@VSNX_Nick said:

doghouch said: Quick question: why does the "Customer Portal" link bring me to dologin.php? Right when I click it, it says "Login Details Incorrect. Please try again." :(

Probably from whoever made the site last year - fixed..

Have you fixed the awful slowness of the site?

edited September 2016

hawc said: Have you fixed the awful slowness of the site?

Must be your internet, loads great here :)

@linuxthefish - Our developer made a change to the css, please clear your local cache and check again boss!

/me crosses fingers

• @BharatB said:

Turns out I just needed to install these fonts, thanks all!

Now just to wait for my server with 15 hours downtime to get fixed :(

@linuxthefish said:

@BharatB said:

Turns out I just needed to install these fonts, thanks all!

Now just to wait for my server with 15 hours downtime to get fixed :(

Anything I can help with?

• Using Firefox 47.0.1 here and the site does not work for me. Presumably they're no longer looking for business or they're have fixed it.

• When I get home I'll see

• KayKay Member

For me it's all good, no need to install fonts

Thanked by 2doghouch Nick
  • Well I'm certainly not going to go the trouble of installing anything just so some site will work. It's up to them to make it work on all systems if they want business from all people. Of course if they want to instigate a policy that excludes certain customers, they are perfectly free to do so.

• Thanked by 1Nick
  • Isn't HVH problem, I searched on Google Fonts - no preview.

Thanked by 1Nick