Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception hosting for production?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception hosting for production?

Is anybody using inception hosting for production? I am considering them for one of my production site running xenforo.Reviews will be really appreciated

Comments

• Inception hosting is reliable and great service run by @AnthonySmith

So obvious its great for production but where ever you host your production data have some redundancy

• Yes, they are good for production use! I'm not too sure on lowendspirit for production, mainly due to forum only support.

As with any host being used for production, even someone like rackspace, you should always keep and test regular backups...

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I'm using InceptionHosting's VPS for production as well as Dedistation @linuxthefish

Really reliable VPS'es.

• InceptionHosting is great for production. AnthonySmith is very helpful hoster, he runs a rock solid company. But, whatever you chose, don't forget: backups, backups, backups!

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

linuxthefish said: Yes, they are good for production use! I'm not too sure on lowendspirit for production,

I don't use lowendspirit for production and I run it :) its made pretty clear that is not what it is for.

Thanks for the suggestions, new KVM and OpenVZ nodes coming very soon in Enfield London!

• Inception are great and reliable, but you need to qualify what 'production' actually means, to you.

• I still have a tiny 64MB VPS there which I ordered maybe 4-5 years ago. I haven't really run anything important there, but it's been used ever since, and it was close to 1000 days uptime when he decided to migrate. Now it's just 345 days :(

Not a single problem in all that time, @AnthonySmith knows what he's doing

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • I don't have a service there anymore but when I had a Xen VPS It also had 1 year + uptime and the performance was really good too.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • For production I would probably prefer a provider with pure SSD raid.

• @AnthonySmith said:

linuxthefish said: Yes, they are good for production use! I'm not too sure on lowendspirit for production,

I don't use lowendspirit for production and I run it :) its made pretty clear that is not what it is for.

Thanks for the suggestions, new KVM and OpenVZ nodes coming very soon in Enfield London!

Gonna start hosting client data on a database server on a LES, eh? /jks

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

JoeMerit said: For production I would probably prefer a provider with pure SSD raid.

Yeah, you wont find that at these prices without a lie attached :)

• I've been a customer for over a year and I don't recall any interaction with their billing or solusvm, which says to me that everything has ran fine during that time. Recommended.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I use Inception in production.

One of the few hosts around here that I would consider using for production stuff.

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited September 2016

Thank you all for your reviews.Signing up as I type this.This thread can be closed @amitz

• Done!

Thanked by 1arpanjot
This discussion has been closed.