Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Should people in this industry be cursing/loving of Facebook/Twitter?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should people in this industry be cursing/loving of Facebook/Twitter?

IntcsIntcs Member
edited March 2013 in General

Well, I'm seeing big effects and changes has increased in hosting and websites market, just based on effects of facebook/twitter etc
Do you see it effected the market as a whole? To what extent?!

Comments

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2013

Like, companies/people using a page on those websites as their web presence, wherein prior to the age of social websites they would just stand in compliance in the door of some company's "palace", for them to get their presence on the web, at least that's what I'm continuing to see.

• IMHO, using facebook for a business is completely informal, because that is really intended to be "social".
    And twitter for me is a good communication way for quick announcements, and has been really useful for me with some providers.

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2013

@yomero said: IMHO, using facebook for a business is completely informal, because that is really intended to be "social".

And twitter for me is a good communication way for quick announcements, and has been really useful for me with some providers.

What I mean is when you see like, real companies of all type/size, are mentioning their website at the bottom on a small text in their brochure (if they do mention it/have one), while usually the social address is displayed clearly on top or middle etc, not only that, but some websites for companies of all type/size too are not updated for even years, while most likely they concentrate on updating their "page" on those websites if they have one there.

To make it even clearer when seeing some famous celebrities, do they depend on a personal websites anymore? If they do everyone would "pour" some 4, 5, 6 or even 7 figures amount into hosting industry instead of FB/Twitter.

I'm not running hosting, but I develop and I was curious what others would think from their view.

• @Intcs said: while most likely they concentrate on updating their "page" on those websites if they have one there.

Well, maybe because it's... easy to do it??
    And because is easy to reach people in this way :S

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2013

@yomero said: Well, maybe because it's... easy to do it??

And because is easy to reach people in this way :S

Yeah it could be too! Not even datacenters (considered a branch of hosting industry) are benefiting! Like if FB/twitter were buying 3rd party server businesses. But AFAIK they are running their own datacenters, too!