Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seedbox on online.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seedbox on online.net

Guys i bought this Dedibox Limited 23816
as online.net sale going on

i want to use it as seedbox with rtorrent

i tried this https://community.online.net/t/how-to-create-a-seedbox-from-start-to-finish/408
and this http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedbox-tutorials/272859-script-rule.html
but no luck at all in first getting error in various points and in 2nd i'm getting run as root but alredy logged in as root or using sudo command

any help or small tutorial to create seedbox of it ?

Comments

• personally i prefer deluge over rutorrent, faster, friendlier
    will try and hunt a recent universal script (seedboxfromscratch is sadly long dead)

• Not dead - just moved. YAY
    https://github.com/dannyti/sboxsetup
    basically does it all for you. no fun that way, but it works

• thanks you both will check
    posted same question on reddit
    got it working with online.net seedbox panel :D

also on 2nd installing quickbox

• BlackHippyBlackHippy Member
    edited September 2016

Under Install, Panel distributions, it gives you options to choose Seedbox or Plex. I would use Plex.

Plex 0.9 provides:
    A full operating system based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bits

A text-based ncurses BitTorrent client (rTorrent)

A web front-end for rTorrent (ruTorrent) Plex Media Server

That is pretty much everything you need when running a basic seedbox.

• @BlackHippy said:
    Under Install, Panel distributions, it gives you options to choose Seedbox or Plex. I would use Plex.

Plex 0.9 provides:
    A full operating system based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bits

A text-based ncurses BitTorrent client (rTorrent)

A web front-end for rTorrent (ruTorrent) Plex Media Server

That is pretty much everything you need when running a basic seedbox.

thanks but it's bugged so much
    got it working with the guide posted here to get windows on it /:)

• Thank you for donating your bandwidth to seed ISOs of high quality free software GNU/Linux distributions.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • @mycosys said:
    Not dead - just moved. YAY
    https://github.com/dannyti/sboxsetup
    basically does it all for you. no fun that way, but it works

Awesome will check out.

• i am also using dedibox limited edition 23816 . can someone come pm i need help with setup ... thanks.

• Hey guys,

I highly recommend not using the Scripts listed so far. If you want a basic and up-to-date nginx, rtorrent/rutorrent, autodl-irssi, and rutorrent plugins, use this script: https://github.com/arakasi72/rtinst

If you want a LOT of extra features, and a beautiful, easy to use panel where installation of all of the above software plus Deluge, x2go+xfce, Plex, and about 2 dozen other software are available as one click installs, see Quickbox: https://quickbox.io

• sinsin Member

That quickbox thing looks pretty amazing

• Install XFCE + transmission enable web ui ...pretty easy and multiuses, server & desktop

• just wondering when online.net creates bill for next month like now for october and how much time do we have to pay it if selected card payment is failed ?

• Baracco77Baracco77 Member
    edited October 2016

@jackpison said:
    just wondering when online.net creates bill for next month like now for october and how much time do we have to pay it if selected card payment is failed ?

Up until a few months ago, they were pulling the money from PayPal or charging your credit card the morning of the 1st. Literally, they just started 2 months ago generating and billing monthly invoices on the 2nd/3rd of each month.

• @Baracco77 said:

@jackpison said:
    just wondering when online.net creates bill for next month like now for october and how much time do we have to pay it if selected card payment is failed ?

Up until a few months ago, they were pulling the money from PayPal or charging your credit card the morning of the 1st. Literally, They just started 2 months ago generating and billing mmonthly invoices on the 2nd/3rd of each month.

You MUST cancel by the 20th of any given month. It's in the contract that you probably didn't read and just clicked "accept" when you signed up. That's why PayPal is only an option for those of us with older accounts that have always been in good standing. People like yourself ruined it for everyone. I have no doubt in my mind that if you had been allowed to pay via PayPal, you would've screwed them over by cancelling your preapproved payments to Online.net at the end of a month in which you didn't Mark your server for termination by the 20th. Now we ALL have high setup fees and no new customers get PayPal as an initial payment option.

OH, and are you really serious about wondering how long they'll keep your server intact and online if your payment fails?? Especially, as I said, they've been generous lately and not charging until late afternoon on the 3rd.

I'm SO glad that I'm in the US, don't pay VAT, never had to give them any forms of identification, used 100% fake info for my account, and pay with a PayPal account that is verified. Just for the hell of it, the paypal account has 100% fake info and has an anonymous, confirmed checking account and visa card. By that, I don't mean one of those prepaid, reloadable cards either lol. For a seedbox only, I wouldn't worry about it. I've yet to read a case where a seedbox user was criminally prosecuted in the United States. In the US, you could get busted with a garage full of bootleg DVDs and knock-off/counterfeit high-end clothes piled floor to ceiling, and you're not doing more than 6 months in jail even if you've been found guilty of similar charges before. Use your head.....a seedbox pails in comparison. It's the biggest joke in the world how scared these teenage users are these days about copyright infringement. It just cracks me up.

lol what do you mean people like you
    i'm just asking coz i'm a first time customer and want to know the charge time
    i'm not like you yet using fake info but well you're in murica so anything can happen can't blame you at all

• @Baracco77 said:

@jackpison said:

Up until a few months ago, they were pulling the money from PayPal or charging your credit card the morning of the 1st. Literally, They just started 2 months ago generating and billing mmonthly invoices on the 2nd/3rd of each month.

You MUST cancel by the 20th of any given month. It's in the contract that you probably didn't read and just clicked "accept" when you signed up. That's why PayPal is only an option for those of us with older accounts that have always been in good standing. People like yourself ruined it for everyone. I have no doubt in my mind that if you had been allowed to pay via PayPal, you would've screwed them over by cancelling your preapproved payments to Online.net at the end of a month in which you didn't Mark your server for termination by the 20th. Now we ALL have high setup fees and no new customers get PayPal as an initial payment option.

OH, and are you really serious about wondering how long they'll keep your server intact and online if your payment fails?? Especially, as I said, they've been generous lately and not charging until late afternoon on the 3rd.

I'm SO glad that I'm in the US, don't pay VAT, never had to give them any forms of identification, used 100% fake info for my account, and pay with a PayPal account that is verified. Just for the hell of it, the paypal account has 100% fake info and has an anonymous, confirmed checking account and visa card. By that, I don't mean one of those prepaid, reloadable cards either lol. For a seedbox only, I wouldn't worry about it. I've yet to read a case where a seedbox user was criminally prosecuted in the United States. In the US, you could get busted with a garage full of bootleg DVDs and knock-off/counterfeit high-end clothes piled floor to ceiling, and you're not doing more than 6 months in jail even if you've been found guilty of similar charges before. Use your head.....a seedbox pails in comparison. It's the biggest joke in the world how scared these teenage users are these days about copyright infringement. It just cracks me up.

This is one of the most retarded things I've ever read on LET, and that's quite an achievement.

• @Baracco77 said:

@jackpison said:

can you explain how you created the anonymous paypal account?

• Baracco77Baracco77 Member
    edited October 2016

No this isn't the place for that type of discussion.