Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which location do you like most? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which location do you like most?

Comments

• US West Coast? Yeah maybe if you can actually have good connect to Asia while also not being 130ms from US East Coast. Still aren't many US West coast providers who do well across the US.

East Coast US can work for UK + Germany + France and some euro countries coming in at < 100ms. Good heading US westward to about the Rocky Mountain eastern side.. So three US timezones.

Tons of options already in both locations.

Me, I'd look for datacenters and colo facilities that every low end reseller and mama ISN'T using.

• @DomainBop said: Google maps is working fine for me, trying clearing your browser cache if you're unable to access it, if that doesn't clear up the problem, Autoboot v2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

• UK, NL, and Bufallo (East coast)

• ^ I don't know why Buffalo would have any real interest.

It's certainly an out of the way place and lower environmental risk location. Proximity to NYC + Toronto is pretty good.

But, the town isn't swimming in tech and colo facilities. On here I only see one location every provider is offering out of.

• I don't have a personal preference when it comes to my own personal websites. I won't disclose the company server location but I will say that most people seem to prefer NL and the UK that I know (friends etc).

• StableVDSStableVDS Member
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler Well anything in the proximity of NYC would be perfect. Chicago or NYC (not cheap though) or DC.

• True @StableVDS.

NYC is actually about Boston to Washington, DC. Highly connected, very low latency between all places there.

There are many other "big" cities in a number of those states and bordering with colo options, but never making to the offers here.

• To be honest, I'd like to see more in risque places such as China, North Korea, Iran, and Morocco.

• maybe it would be nice to see another provider in singapore, africa, and turki

• Well I'd go with Iceland for the Europe/USA connectivity.

• Japan? Korea? Thailand?
    Quite a lot are hard to find as in LEB category

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

Well I'd go with Iceland for the Europe/USA connectivity.

European connectivity (London, Amsterdam, Copenhagen) is great but there is currently no direct connection from IS to the USA. The routing for USA connections is through London via Farice: USA > London > Iceland.

network map: http://www.farice.is/network/network-map/
    looking glass: http://is.edis.at/

• IvanIvan Member

Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, etc. Those in the Southeast Asia region.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

UK, London, the rest DC are crap = failure = network and power

• Singapore or Hong Kong. :D

• west US, and some east asia

• Europe :P

• Asia?

• xNEOxNEO Member

@karistuck said: west US, and some east asia

Agree, east asia like JP, South KR, TW, HK

• ZeroZero Member

Italy :P but any other EU location is fine

• @webProject

Really? I've heard nothing bad about the Newcastle DC near me o.O

• @budingyun, do they offer leb in sg or hk?

• @Sugarhosts said: @GIANT_CRAB If we can, we will XD

I fsckin' can't wait for it! :D

• @eastnoch I've heard nothing bad about the Newcastle DC ...

Would that facility be RapidSwitch?

• singapore or us west

• AndreAndre Member

Australia

• Would love to see some more Sweden LEB options.

• Anywhere in Asia or Africa. North America and Europe are saturated.

• aiuraiur Member

LA has my vote!

• @swsnyder said: Africa.

How much downtime are you willing to tolerate?