Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone here heard of "alnitech"?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone here heard of "alnitech"?

I saw a decent offer from them on WHT.

SUPERMICRO Xeon E3-1230 v2/v3, 16GB, 2x1T HDD, 1x240GB SSD, 5 IPs

CPU: Quad Core Xeon E3-1230 v2/v3 3.3-3.7 GHz, 8MB (4 physical Cores, 8 HT cores)
RAM: 16GB ECC DDR3
HDD: 2x1000GB SATA 7.2K HDD (4 drive bays)
SSD: 1x240GB INTEL 530
5 IPs for free
100Mbps UNMETERED Port
24x7 Proactive BMC Log Monitoring
Dedicated IPMI Connected to Separate Network (KVM over IP, remote media)

REGULAR PRICE: $179.99/monthly
SALE* PRICE is for lifetime (SALE_130 coupon): $49.99/monthly WOW!!
order now

Comments

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

They have been advertising for many years out of Asheville, NC

Thanked by 1sithrebel15
  • Sure have heard of Alnitech.

We also have a game server business and we host quite a number servers out of Alnitech in their DDoS protected network. Great guys to deal with.

Thanked by 1sithrebel15
  • Yes, it's pretty known and they tend to advertise in WHT. I used to get a conversation with them once and they're really friendly.

They actually have servers in colocation both in Asheville and Chicago.

Thanked by 2sithrebel15 GCat
  • hm i could swear i had a virtual system from them at one point, based on linux vserver. Might be wrong because i'm also sure it was in Germany.

• @William said:
    hm i could swear i had a virtual system from them at one point, based on linux vserver. Might be wrong because i'm also sure it was in Germany.

I highly doubt it, they have always focused in USA as far as I remember.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

I remember a provider called "Alnotech" or something like that with vServers in Germany... Wait, no. That's a kitchen manufacturer... But it sounded a bit like that.

Thanked by 2William netomx
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

@William, @Amitz: I think, you were thinking of "Alvotech" (www.alvotech.de) ;)
    Well, I am also able to remember when I once had a VPS with them. Must have been a loong time ago. :)

Thanked by 2Amitz William
  • dfroe said: @William, @Amitz: I think, you were thinking of "Alvotech" (www.alvotech.de) ;) Well, I am also able to remember when I once had a VPS with them. Must have been a loong time ago. :)

Yea, thx, that's the one. Was one of the rare vServer based VPS (other one i had was with also German based Clanotopia, 3GB RAM @ ~20EUR with 4 IPs and RIPE SWIP free).

• I have a Chicago server with them and for the time I was with them (around 2 years?) there was only one outage (but this is continuum dc fault where they had a cable cut). Other than that, no issue and servers have been stable and they have good and helpful support.

Recently, they added a 240GB SSD on my server for free as well (because they had a new promo in WHT with free 240GB and I requested if they can give their old customer) so yeah overall excellent for the price they give.

• It's a misspelling of 'Anal tech'

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I've got a $39.99 one in Chicago (E3-1230v3,16GB,2x1TB,100Mbps unm.), runs great, network is good (great if you factor in the price + unmetered).

• I'm using their Dedicated. Everything is good. Support is quite fast.