Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Modulegarden Open source licence what a joke - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Modulegarden Open source licence what a joke

2»

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@joepie91 doesn't change > @jarland said:

pbgben said: With a name like LTniger I think he was being deliberately racist, and I'm sure he will continue if he lasts long enough... @jarland that name, bro... Not cool.

That could be his name. Question where your head is at, if you see something racist in that name.

Name is less of a problem than his comments.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think the most telling thing here is that they are WHMCS preferred partner for modules or something along those lines.

• AnthonySmith said: I think the most telling thing here is that they are WHMCS preferred partner for modules or something along those lines.

Which translates to the % sent their way.

Lee said: Which translates to the % sent their way.

I know, some of the tickets I have had in with WHMCS recently have been bizarre to say the least, they have turned in to a 'give me root ssh access' before trying any conventional troubleshooting at all company, followed by asking you the same question 3 times and then ignoring the response.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: they have turned in to a 'give me root ssh access' before trying any conventional troubleshooting at all

I wonder if cPanel techs are doing the work. Maybe just used to "I can deal with this faster than talking about it, let me just dig in here and find the answer."

jarland said: I wonder if cPanel techs are doing the work. Maybe just used to "I can deal with this faster than talking about it, let me just dig in here and find the answer."

Yeah possibly, I just had a ticket that needed escalating recently, it was about getting certain information, I was told it could not be done twice, told it is physically impossible once and then given the answer.

feels like maybe 2 people actually understand their own product, one of the things that really annoys me with any support is root cause analysis or lack of it, this fix on fail 500 times per year for the same issue nonsense is infuriating.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

My short experience with them - friendly, very friendly. Discussing custom development is a pain. Tried to explain multiple times what I wanted - a simple location chooser for the solusvm extended plugin they offer. Someone purchases a resource pool, same someone can choose in which location he can deploy the VPS, based on the SolusVM node groups and API. Very simple to acomplish. For some reason it took 10 replys to be understood. They offer me pretty high first quote. Second quote a little lower and more reasonable, considering it would take an hour to code it up, if the rest of the code is done right. However the condition is that they will develop it as a custom module for me, for which I will pay, pay my license and once they are done,they will release it to the public, which seemed odd to me and I stepped back.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Module garden sell yearly license but some peoples don't want to pay $259 per year so you can purchase opensource by paying one time fees. (nearly about $700). However price is very high.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited September 2016

Tabs or go back to school.

@Lee said:

Francisco said: Tabs or spaces?

Mood dependent.

Thanked by 2netomx Host4Go
  • @DewlanceVPS said:
    Module garden sell yearly license but some peoples don't want to pay $259 per year so you can purchase opensource by paying one time fees. (nearly about $700). However price is very high.

Wow. (!!!)

• Hello everyone,

We have been following this thread from its very outset, scrutinizing each remark and experience of yours carefully. Since quite a lot has been stated here on the matter of our products and services, it is only fair if we grant you a candid insight from our perspective.

First and foremost, we wish to address the original concerns over our open source products. There is absolutely nowhere stated that we do not allow the buyer to modify the code. This is indeed a key objective of open sources and we surely have no objections to this. You can freely access the code and make as many adjustments as you wish to tailor the product to your own needs. It is solely our technical support that may be subject to limitation once you decide to alter the code.

As to our products in general, we put in all-out efforts to ensure their highest quality, even if this sounds totally cliché to you. Each reported bug is eliminated in the shortest possible timescale within three-level support services. Each functionality gap is filled upon continual module updates. Every single product is described explicitly both on our website and a publicly available documentation to leave no room for doubt. We truly do the utmost to satisfy the needs of our customers while providing them with as much financial flexibility as possible. We offer trial versions owing to which you can access and test a complete module functionality without spending a penny. We allow the possibility to request a free license switch upon which we will change the current module to any other of your choice.

There is still scope for improvement of course but we certainly exploit every chance we have to become better. Your feedback plays a pivotal role in this very process. Thank you most sincerely for pointing out the aspects we should work on and rest assured that we will do our best to meet your expectations.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yeah possibly, I just had a ticket that needed escalating recently, it was about getting certain information, I was told it could not be done twice, told it is physically impossible once and then given the answer.

Not knowing the content of your ticket, what if it's a non-documented "feature" that only a few know and the company doesn't want people to use.

I've been in contact with a few different techs who says something like "you can do this but you haven't heard it from me".

I also have had to correct some L1 techs that they can't say certain things to the customer since it's a policy decision made by people higher up in the food chain with that customers company.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

ModulesGarden said: First and foremost, we wish to address the original concerns over our open source products. There is absolutely nowhere stated that we do not allow the buyer to modify the code. This is indeed a key objective of open sources and we surely have no objections to this. You can freely access the code and make as many adjustments as you wish to tailor the product to your own needs. It is solely our technical support that may be subject to limitation once you decide to alter the code.

What you're describing is reasonable. However, does your license fulfill all the points of the OSD?

(I couldn't find what license you were using from a quick search.)

• The overall conditions of our open source offerings differ only marginally when compared with the description formulated by the OSI corporation. What is important to emphasize is that we advertise all modules exactly as they are, not a single fact is concealed or distorted. Each and every rule concerning the usage of our products is made explicit on our website, so that nobody can have doubts about the scope of permissions and possibilities they are granted.

• @ModulesGarden said:
    The overall conditions of our open source offerings differ only marginally when compared with the description formulated by the OSI corporation. What is important to emphasize is that we advertise all modules exactly as they are, not a single fact is concealed or distorted. Each and every rule concerning the usage of our products is made explicit on our website, so that nobody can have doubts about the scope of permissions and possibilities they are granted.

You are here to defend yourself. One of the remarks is your shit support. You aint helping with month long replies

edited November 2016

@ModulesGarden said:
    What is important to emphasize is that we advertise all modules exactly as they are, not a single fact is concealed or distorted.

http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/dns_manager/features

Sure. Now read this page and explain to me how it makes sense that this module does not import cpanel domains automatically. You have to add each one by hand into the module unless it was previously entered by hand into the module. That module is as deceptive as it gets.

One of only a few times I ever filed a chargeback. They'll never have another penny from me.

• @jarland which version you had? (trial, annual, open source)

• @joepie91 said:

However, does your license fulfill all the points of the OSD?

Honest question: The definition isn't a trademark, is it? If not, doesn't it mean that I can call any license I want as "open source", regardless if it's OSI-approved or not?

Layer said: which version you had?

Regular annual. Obviously my mistake for trusting them and not testing the trial first. Still, a DNS manager for cPanel that doesn't actually work WITH cPanel (working with implies two way communication, IMO) is quite a thing. I learned my lesson in trusting them right then and there.