Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what i need to optimize and install after setup cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what i need to optimize and install after setup cpanel

st0rm911st0rm911 Member
edited December 2011 in Help

most of the managed vps provider just setup one image in all they are managed package.I read somewhere vps not need to optimize lots of stuff just need to change simple setting.not need to monitor 24x7 fulltime server administrator.not need to do many thing cpanel do most of the job.

That is real?or i need to lots of experience?

can you tell me what i really need or what you do after setup cpanel?

Comments

• I find that cpanel is generally pretty solid. I haven't had it break on me in a few months, or maybe even years now.

• jhjh Member

Optimisation means changing settings in some way. I would recommend a company like platinumservermanagement.com to help you our if you're unsure what to do.

• @jtodd said: Optimisation means changing settings in some way. I would recommend a company like platinumservermanagement.com to help you our if you're unsure what to do.

i try to learn self manage.. if its not tough i hope i able to learn. :)

i see platinumserver management previously mayb 30usd monthly.

• @st0rm911 said: i try to learn self manage

First step: Discover and use Google. Already doing better than most providers and techs out there.

@st0rm911 said: i see platinumserver management previously mayb 30usd monthly.

That's fairly cheap actually. The service we use starts at $79 a month per box for a multiple server contract where they're also dealing with clients as well as server monitoring and support.

• I've been using cPanel heavily for about 6 years now, and over that time I have quite a nice set of install scripts I use after the base install is complete. But the reality is I found all this info mainly using google, adding the search criteria site:forums.cpanel.net

But some must haves

CSF/LFD (Configserver Firewall)
    disable cPhulk, you already installed a better firewall.
    use nsd over bind if you cannot offload DNS to DNSONLY boxes
    turn mailman off, it's a spam complaint waiting to happen
    optimize MySQL, (skip inno-db at the least)
    use /scripts/easyapache and make a apache/php config best for your setup

There are many other optimzations/configurations I do, but then then I'm letting too much secret sauce out and Fran will have to yell at me.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @miTgiB said: I've been using cPanel heavily for about 6 years now, and over that time I have quite a nice set of install scripts I use after the base install is complete. But the reality is I found all this info mainly using google, adding the search criteria site:forums.cpanel.net

But some must haves

CSF/LFD (Configserver Firewall)

disable cPhulk, you already installed a better firewall.
    use nsd over bind if you cannot offload DNS to DNSONLY boxes
    turn mailman off, it's a spam complaint waiting to happen
    optimize MySQL, (skip inno-db at the least)
    use /scripts/easyapache and make a apache/php config best for your setup

There are many other optimzations/configurations I do, but then then I'm letting too much secret sauce out and Fran will have to yell at me.

Thanks a lot.
    cpanel csf is gui firendly?

innodb make any problem?if i disable?
    i currently host 1 site in alienvps 196mb ram with kloxo just for test kloxo and also disable inno in that vps.

• @drmike said: That's fairly cheap actually. The service we use starts at $79 a month per box for a multiple server contract where they're also dealing with clients as well as server monitoring and support.

you subcribe PSM? onetime or monthly?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

cpanel csf is gui firendly?

I dunno what you mean properly but CSF does have a GUI, the config is pretty simple too.

• jhjh Member

@st0rm911

Although it's a monthly service, you can subscribe for just one month and get them to do the hard work ;)