Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CommercialMedia (CM) positive review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CommercialMedia (CM) positive review

goexodusgoexodus Member
edited March 2013 in General

I know its going to be an interesting debate but i had to give them a good review after 1 month

They recently upgraded their network and i am pretty much maxing the 100mbit line. Latency is absolute awesome for the distance and still puzzles me how good it is. They told me their DC was previously owned by Deutsche bank trading group and its TIER4.

The installation of ESX5 was smooth and they offered free assistance for an upgrade. The server is supermicro X7DCA-L Dual L5420 with Samsung Spinpoint F3 drive. One billing issue due to late delivery was resolved without any questions

Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 9.09MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.37MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.34MB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 3.21MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 5.78MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.53MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.79MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 6.85MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 11.1MB/s

I had dealt with many many vendors before and i have yet to find one that is perfect for the long run. I just have to say that although it took some time to deliver (28 days), the server and the unmetered network is just unbeatable for the price.

I have yet to find another provider who could match in terms of value! Even the latest best deal at LEB of exactly same server and exactly same configuration (100Mbit unmetered) costs far far far more !!!

I would like to thank LET/LEB for providing such awesome money saving opportunities to all of us !!!!

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited March 2013

Lies, they are singlehomed so we know that is false, and ive been there and I can tell you that it isn't Tier4

• lbftlbft Member
    edited March 2013

I'd probably be happy like you, except I'm still waiting. 2 months is not an acceptable time to wait for a server with no info as to when it's actually going to be bloody set up, or whether I'm going to have to try and chargeback to get my money back.

• NickMNickM Member

Cons:
    - Numerous (at least 4) missed delivery dates for servers
    - Refuses to stop sending me invoices and overdue notices, despite the fact that I'm no longer a customer and have asked them to remove my email address from their system.

Pros:
    - Decent price
    - Quick refund when I finally got sick of their bullshit.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You could have a tier 4 datacenter with a 14.4kbps ppp line...or no internet connectivity at all.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

@raindog308 said: You could have a tier 4 datacenter with a 14.4kbps ppp line...or no internet connectivity at all.

In theory TIER4 means all components are fully fault-tolerant including uplinks, storage, chillers, HVAC systems, servers etc. guaranteeing 99.995% availability, which as you rightly said its irrelevant if network sucks. Nevertheless the network stats from my point of view are excellent.

• SPSP Member

@raindog308 said: tier 4 datacenter with a 14.4kbps ppp line

No disrespect intended, but I believe you are referring to a tier 4 isp. Tier 4 DC looks to be the best of the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_center#Data_center_tiers

• SPSP Member

And if CM is single homed, they are outright lying on their site. Makes it look like they are a legit provider.

• Their upstream is InfoRelay now, easily one of the better networks to span the US.

Network complaints should probably go away soon.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Sperryman said: No disrespect intended, but I believe you are referring to a tier 4 isp. Tier 4 DC looks to be the best of the best.

Indeed, but Internet connectivity is not part of that. You can have a Tier 4 datacenter without any Internet connectivity at all. You can have a Tier 4 datacenter that is single homed. Tier 4 is just what happens inside the walls, not the network drops.

Yep. References: http://www.adc.com/us/en/Library/Literature/102264AE.pdf

The word "Internet" doesn't even exist in that doc.

In the real world, 99% of Tier 4 datacenters have multi-homed highly redundant internet connections...but I'd wager there are Tier 4 datacenters that are not Internet-connected within the NSA/CIA.etc.

• @Winteriese InfoRelay can't even solve their highwinds problem. No.