Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH showing wrong drive space. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH showing wrong drive space.

2»

Comments

• @Nekki said:
    Fucking pussies and your RAID.

A full 8TB FTW.

Yeah and 6 years uploading are gone because of nekki :)

• @WHT said:

@Nekki said:
    Fucking pussies and your RAID.

A full 8TB FTW.

Yeah and 6 years uploading are gone because of nekki :)

That's what backups are for muthafucka, RAID is just for fault tolerance.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

"OVH showing wrong drive space"

"I didn't read partitioning list properly during OS installation"

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @HyperSpeed said:

I was thinking this - could FTP it across for example but I've got a feeling proxmox using the OVH template isn't allowing any use beyond 2TB...

that's most likely not the case.

OVHs template defaults to something like 20GB for / in raid1 , 2GB for swap as 4x512MB jbod and the rest for /home as raid1 in debian or /var/lib/vz in the proxmox template.

if you check the option for being able to modify this you could at least simply remove that suggestion and setup a raid10 of the full left space for /var/lib/vz which is the place where proxmox stores everything by default.

yet I'd guess @WHT isn't using proxmox anyways ;-)

but if he used that partitioning tool from any OVH template he might be mistaken by the table which makes you choose the size per partition per disk and shows the size of the overall used space right behind that.

so if choosing raid10 and 1 TB per disk it would result in showing you 4 TB in that view (4disks x 1TB) as used space and not the resulting usable space in raid10 which would be 2TB ...

Thanked by 1Junkless